WM 6.5 problem with accented characters

• jimi15

jimi15 - 2013-03-13

Hi everyone,
    At the beginning I would like to say that this is my first topic on SF and sorry for my poor English.

What's problem:
    After long hours I managed to compile eSpeak for my machine old Asus p526 on custom rom with WM 6.5. After testing I found problem with pronunciation words with accented characters, for example:

espeak -v pl -x "pchnąć w tę łódź jeża lub ośm skrzyń fig"

gives results:
    p,Ets,Ex,a'En Sts; f t'E 'E~ w'u d'E j'E ZEtskR'OpkO~ _!a_ l'up O 'Em skS'y n^'i f'ik

and on Linux can correctly:
    phn'On^ts; f t'E w'uts; j'EZa#_ l'up 'OS;m_ skS'yn^ f'ik

I think that this is probably the same problem like that: https://sourceforge.net/projects/espeak/forums/forum/538921/topic/5664855
    I try compile with #define NEED_WCHAR_FUNCTIONS in speech.h but it doesn't work. Maybe WM specifically supports the UTF-8 encoding. Old eSpeak 1.29 that I found in the internet didn't have this problem but has very old dict files for Polish. I also tried to compile older versions but I only can these sources when eSpeak officially support my platform (since v1.41). In espeak 1.41 too is this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• smaller

smaller - 2013-06-29

Hi, you write that you got a new espeak compiled for WM? Over at the navit project, we look for a new build, can you please give us more informations about possible caveats and how you dealed with them?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks