Menu

Updates

brownrb
2021-02-07
2023-03-21
  • brownrb

brownrb - 2021-02-07

07-Feb-2021
    beta group is closed as we are now nearing release.

After a lot of testing the Release of Gerbers for PCB and Firmware etc is close to release.

There may still be some bugs in some of the firmware as it rather complicated with all the features now coded.

If you are considering building this project, then the first port of call is to down and read the PDF a number of times.

Regards
    Robert

• David Swinnard

David Swinnard - 2021-02-07

Good to hear. I came across this a week or so back having decided to build the Arduino based version. I just happened to have an ESP32 sitting in the box waiting for me to do something with it and this looks like a great something to do. Two weeks ago I learned a dew heater would be a good thing to have...(new to the world of astrophotography, still acquiring knowledge and kit,)

• brownrb

brownrb - 2021-02-10

10-Feb-2021
    Updated today. Updates are
    new PDF 106-1
    new Protocol document
    PCB - v6, new schematic, new PCB, full gerbers and etchable PDF, parts layout
    new Parts List
    Firmware release 105

In case anyone was going to ask - No this will not run on an ESP8266 - You require an ESP32 to run this. There will be no ESP8266 version.

Last edit: brownrb 2021-02-10
  • brownrb

brownrb - 2021-04-23

24 April 2021. Just to let any interested person know, I have looked at using alternative parts to get getter efficiency in driving the dew straps, so this is the reason why there is a small delay. I am hoping the new parts arrive anyday now and I can test the new parts. There is no re-design of the PCB and no firmware changes necessary, so once the new circuit is in place it should be full steam ahead.
    Robert

• David Swinnard

David Swinnard - 2021-05-22

Hi Robert, what alternative parts are you investigating? I have all the parts in house now and hope to be starting assembly shortly. Do you have a timeline for announcing the updates?

Dave

• brownrb

brownrb - 2021-05-23

Hi David
    They still have yet to arrive, so there has been no progress to date. Please email me at yahoo or gmail to continue discussion.

Thanks
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2021-05-26

Linux app updated to v007
    v007
    Change clNone attribute for all form captions/text to allow control by using themes

Source code in zip file
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/esp32-dew-controller/files/Linux%20Apps/

• brownrb

brownrb - 2021-06-28

29-June-2021
    Firmware 108 released
    PDF Document 108-2 released
    PCB Gerber files released v10

Cheers
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2021-07-22

22-Jul-2021
    WARNING: An issue has been identified with the PCB .
    The LM7808 regulator also outputs 8V to wired sensors, which should have been 5V

A new version PCB will be available shortly

Apologies for the error.
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2021-07-23

23-Jul-2021
    LM7808 replaced with LM7805, documentation updated, PCB gerbers updated etc.

If you built a controller and used the LM7808 regulator, then replace the regulator with an LM7805.

regards
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2022-02-07

07-Feb-2022

Just to let everyone know that this project is undergoing a rewrite at present.

The next release will take a different path to the current project. Existing firmware and software will still be available, and the hardware remains the same.

The upcoming release of firmware and applications will be part of a going forward package,
    and you will not be able to use the new applications with the old firmware.

I will share other news about this soon.

Regards
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2022-02-18

Perhaps a further clarification is in order. It is not that there are any issues with the current system. I don't think there are, It works well. I always have a vision or picture of where I want things to be, a state of "finished" if you will, where I can stop and say ok, that is as good as it gets taking into account time and bang for buck.

The Wifi was never designed to be a simple upgrade of the nano version. It already has many things not found or possible in the nano version, but the work was not completed, and another project update took over.

So, summing up, work has yet to start on this upgrade. It maybe weeks, it could be longer (months).

Some ideas I have are still conceptual. Some are ready to code. I want to port all the latest code for NTP, MQTT, RTC from the mysqm+ into this project, because that code is much better, and include the task timer for helping manage machine state transistion.

At the same time, switch to c++ classes. And an improved method of matching power output
    to target temperature. And .. the list goes on,

So if you had decided to wait till the new upgraded version comes along, you could be waiting some time.. it might be best not to wait and start now

Regards
    Robert

• Nataniel Soza Reyes

hi!

whera can i find esp32LiquidCrystal_I2C.h? i didn't see any .zip file inside firmware

• brownrb

brownrb - 2022-12-19

20-12-2022
    An update on firmware
    I am nearing the finish of the rewrites for mysqm+ , myesp32db
    Which means I will finally get round to finishing the firmware update for this project in the new year, much later than I had planned

regards
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-03-21

22-Mar-2023
    S Hillier has kindly provided an update to the 1xx firmware, which is found at this link
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/esp32-dew-controller/files/Firmware/

Firmware version is 110

In addition, he has written an INDI driver for the project. Discussion link is
    https://sourceforge.net/p/esp32-dew-controller/discussion/general/thread/b36e0823ec/?limit=25#a29d

This work from him is truly amazing, and I would hope that those of you who will use this can come back and drop a line of thanks for his truly altruistic work on this

Firmware v200, the next big update, is still a work in progress. No timeline available at this time.
    Regards
    Robert

Last edit: brownrb 2023-03-21