Menu

WIN App connects only for some seconds...

2022-01-29
2024-04-18
  • elythomaslumber

elythomaslumber - 2022-01-29

After I build the Arduino NANO version I missed the remote access via WiFi. So I started the ESP32 version project.
    I´m not finished yet but activating the controller step by step. So far I'm running the OLED, RTC and HTU21 and the web-server. MQTT is disbaled in the sketch.
    Maybe there are minor issues with RCT/NTP but not sure.

Actually the main problem is the WIN app. It connects via TCP/IP, reads the MAC-adress for example and I noticed some status messages. Then it stops at the status message "Get mqtt publish topc" for some seconds.
    After that the app switches to the MAIN window but does not show any value. But it shows "Connected TRUE".

Then I switch back to connection and it shows the Connect button in grey coloure. So it seems to be connected. But the MAC adress is gone. Now I go to NTP showing no values. After clicking GET the APP freezes.
    Same when I go to Channels... setting Channel3 mode to Probe 3 for example, after some seconds the App freezes.
    Another test... going to MAIN, setting Tracking Mode to Midpoint. Then I click on SET (Ambient Offset) the messages is "Connected: False"

Would be great if you will do some tests. I don't know if there maybe I have a local problem or if it is an issue with the APP. I'm using WIN10 latest release. and the latest FW sketch.

Regards
    Hardy

Last edit: elythomaslumber 2022-01-29
  • brownrb

brownrb - 2022-01-29

Hi hardy

please enable logging in the windows app. then repeat the issues above and send me the log file.

Cheers
    robert

• elythomaslumber

elythomaslumber - 2022-01-30

and the Windows message...

• brownrb

brownrb - 2022-01-30

Hi
    I apologize that I did not get a chance today to look at the issues for mydcp4esp32. It is not that I consider it less important than other things.

I am finalising the myfilterwheel release due any day now.

I am also finalising the next release of mysqmplus which is a major undertaking
    There is still a major issue with one aspect of the mysqm+ release which is proving problematic.

These are huge time consumers, it takes a lot fo time to make sure that the documentation and tests and compile combination option s work and do not give too many surprises when uploaded.

Please, send me an email to either yahoo or gmail, and as soon as I have time I will be able
    to send you something to try, nearly midnight here,

Regards
    Robert

• elythomaslumber

elythomaslumber - 2022-01-30

Hi Robert,
    absolutly no problem! It´s a hobby, Don't let it get you down!
    I will continue with some tests and then send a summerizaion to you by mail.

Regards
    Hardy

• brownrb

brownrb - 2022-05-23

Hi
    If you have not not patience with me, I would like to follow up on all of this
    Please email me at yahooo or gmailll

Regards
    Robert

• Henrik Riise

Henrik Riise - 2023-12-12

Hi Robert,
      First and foremost, thanks for an awesome project!
      I just finished a build, and seem to have the same issues that Hardy had. Did you ever make progress on this?

It seemingly connects fine at first, but clicking any button (Get), or modifying parameters immediately disconnects, rendering the windows app unusable. I'd rather not run Linux in a VM for this gadget only if I can avoid it :)

Best regards.
      Henrik

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-12-17

Hi Henrik
        Please enable logging in the Windoes app.
        Then connect as per normal etc, when things stop working extit the
        Windows app and then post the log file here

Regards
        Robert

• Henrik Riise

Henrik Riise - 2023-12-17

Hi Robert,

1. Enabled all the logging.
    2. Connected to the board
    3. Went to channels and clicked "Get" on the offset
    4. Board was immediately shown as disconnected.

See attached log :)

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-12-18

Hi Henrik

Fails when trying to get MQTT PublishTopic
    Found it,
    Extract and install attached update for Windows App

Regards
    Robert

• Henrik Riise

Henrik Riise - 2023-12-18

Hi,

Thanks for the update, but I still seem to be having the same issue. I have attached a log file, a message of the crash error and a video that illustrates what happens.

I would also like to add that the webserver app seem to work perfectly. However, I did try sending commands directly to the controller using a smal TCP app i wrote in c# and only some of the values passed from the protocol give responses. I have tried reflashing the firmware, but it makes no difference. I made no changes to the firmware except disabling MQTT and mDSN

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-12-25

Hi henrik
      I have gone over multiple versions of firmware and windows app and am unable to find where the mqtt get publish sending code :97# is coming from.

The codes for myDCP4ESP32 only go from 0 to 66, So as I said I have gone back about 4 revisions and cannot find :97# anywhere in the code. I also used a Find and Replace tool to search all the archives and again, cannot fnd it.

So I do not have an answer for that.

What I have come up is a probable fix. Add to the comms.h file the following towards the end of the void processCommand(int dmode, int clientnum) { method. After case 66:

// any more commands place here
          case 97:  // 
             mySetupData->get_mqttpublishtopic().toCharArray(tempbuff, mySetupData->get_mqttpublishtopic().length() + 1);
            SendPacket('2', tempbuff, clientnum);
            break;  

Regards
      Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-12-24

Hi
    Please confirm the firmware version and windows app version

regards
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-12-24

AND the conroller config file - the manual pdf shows how to display that on the controller using web browser, then copy paste into a new text file (delete any ssid and password in the file)

Regards
      Robert

Last edit: brownrb 2023-12-24
      • Henrik Riise

Henrik Riise - 2023-12-25

Hi,

Firmware version: 110
        Windows App version: The latest you sent here in this thread.

Which of these files are you looking for:

{[{"type":"file","name":"cp.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"favicon.ico"},
        {"type":"file","name":"image.jpg"},
        {"type":"file","name":"inclxhtml.js"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wificonfig.json"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin1.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin2.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin3.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin4.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin5.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin6.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin7.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsadmin8.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsdelete.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsindex.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsnotfound.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wssuccess.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"wsupload.html"},
        {"type":"file","name":"data_per.jsn"}]
        }

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-12-26

Hi Henrik
    I have downloaded from SF the firmware 110 and Windows App

I am working through that with the errors and other code enhancements.

I had to toss up between stopping work on two other updstes for other projects, which are already overdue, or switching to work with the v200 code for this project.

Time wise it is less time to do the 110 firmware and remove the errors, and kep compatible with the Windows app on SF. That is less than for switching to the planned v200 update (wich is super super overdue. Keeping in mind I really need to deliver the planned updates of myfp2esp32 and myrotator.

I have a few thins left to correct/updating but I expect another week.

In the meantime, I will not need those files now,
    You could try the patch for case 97: I posted earlier in this thread to the comms,h file. That should at least addresss your mqtt publish issue

regards
    Robert

• Henrik Riise

Henrik Riise - 2023-12-26

Fantastic. case 97 seems to be a working workaround.

While you are at it, I have notice d a few more things that cannot currently be controlled from the Windows app, feature is there but it does not set.

• Setting channel 3 power after setting mode to manual
      • Changing tracking mode
      • Setting Ambient offset

Love the work. Are there plans for an ASCOM driver that could plug into NINA?

Happy holidays

Best regards,
      Henrik

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-12-27

There is 1 for INDI but not ASCOM. There is not an Interface specified tor dew controllers as such, which would mean using the switch class, which could enable.disable a dew channel, get/set the power level, the probes could be handled the same way.

With the amount of work I already have on the board, it would be around 2+ years before I cound get round to it again.

Regards
    Robert

Oh nearly fogot

Setting channel 3 power after setting mode to manual
    Changing tracking mode
    Setting Ambient offset

I really do not like the idea of using a patch on the current branches. There are a lot you have yet to find - things that do not work, which is why I started dev work on a total rewrite of firmware and ascom driver and windows etc. When I did that I found a heap of things, But its sitting waiting for time to finish it.

Doing any patch work just puts all of that new deveolpment on the back burner and at that rate I would not get back to finish the new branch.

Regards
    Robert

• Henrik Riise

Henrik Riise - 2023-12-28

Very understandable. Let me know if you need testing for the new branch. I will not mount it in the observatory for a month or two, so I am happy to help with the testing in the meantime.

• brownrb

brownrb - 2024-04-17

I will look at fixing the

*Setting channel 3 power after setting mode to manual
    Changing tracking mode
    Setting Ambient offset
    issues and post a new firmware 112 in the interim.

Regards
    Robert

• brownrb

brownrb - 2024-04-18

I have found and resolved the issues for tracking mode as well as ambient offset

However, could you please give me a bit more detail re ch3 power?
      What are the steps to recreate this>

Regards
      Robert