Only if I would win an auction, esniper crashes/segfaults.
Updated from 2.29 to 2.31 (from source) after noticing this bug: http://ehc.ac/p/esniper/bugs/667/
Now esniper 2.31 segfaults when and only WHEN I would win an auction. If I underlie, everthing is fine. Even if I bit via commandline "esniper -s now ..." it seems fine.
Because of that rare case it is hard to tell anything more specific. First time it happend to me was with 2.29 (without core dump). The second time was with 2.31 (core dump). Of cause I still have the coredump but because of my lag of knowledge about how to handle these files I cannot read it and for the same reason I cannot black out private stuff as well to post or upload it.
Simple gdb command I worked out:
gdb esniper esniper-pixelfehler.core brings up the following
..... # 0 makeBidError (pageInfo=0x0, aip=0x802c5f300) at auction.c:555 555 const char *pagename = pageInfo->pageName; [New Thread 802c07400 (LWP 110850/esniper)] (gdb)
Some Infos which will help hopefully:
* FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p17 amd64
* esniper 2.31.0 (build from source)
* Umlaute in auction title (but never was a problem before)
* No bidders than me on the auction
* eBay.de (seems they changed their interface-framework some weeks ago since then I have no scrollbar in Opera 9 anymore. But seems ebay.com updated there framework some days ago as well -- no scrollbar as well.)
* Executed via: esniper -UP my-auction-file
For more info or requests to let me have to do some (gdb) commands on the coredump, just tell me. I will do my best to support working out and bugfixing that issue as long as you tell me what I have to do with the coredump besides loading it up. ;)