New release of EP Toolkit. Some highlights are: upgrades to the filtering functionality, support for BrainVision EEG files, sample-by-sample analysis, latency-locked and jitter-correction averaging, improved EEGlab .set file format support, improved mff file format support, added option to explore rereferencing effects in Topos view, added PARE-corrected average referencing to Transform function.
1) Fixed crash when performing combination of subjects with
file containing .cov information.
2) Added -all- and -erpimage- options to the Factors list in
3) Fixed keys field of events not being added when missing,
resulting in EP files created by older versions of Toolkit not being readable.
4) Fixed crash when there are multiple global and trialwise
bad channels. Apparently Mathworks
changed something again in recent versions of Matlab.
5) Fixed crash when running artifact correction on an
average file with multiple subjects.
6) Fixed problem where under some circumstances the files
after the first of a batch could not be found by the Transform function.
7) Fixed not putting factor variance information in correct
location when loading PCA .ept files, resulting in "There are 0 factors
that meet the minimum variance criterion" error messages when trying to
8) Fixed AutoPCA generating nothing but missing data values
when maxcentroid and mincentroid measures chosen.
9) Fixed crash in View when overplotting two sets of data
where one has regional channels not present in the other.
10) -all- and -erpimage- options in View leave out adds if
lower levels are present (e.g., for subjects, leaves out grand averages if
individual subjects are present).
11) Fixed weighting not correct when computing difference
waves that do not sum to zero (not sure why anyone might do this but fixed just
12) Fixed calculation of the SubNum field (number of
subjects going into averages) when combining cells.
13) Based on additional information from the MNE community,
made some corrections to how the covariance matrix and the effective sample
size are calculated, for when generating FIFF files.
14) in Topos function, for finding peak channels and points
and Hz, uses only the first dataset as the index for this.
15) Fixed crash when replacing bad channels in an average
file and a cell is bad.
16) Allows choosing either Hanning or multi-taper methods
for spectral measures.
17) Eliminated upper bound to smoothing in multi-taper
frequency measures as no longer seems to apply.
18) Fixed 'all' option for Window Data leaving out last
19) Repair referencing after performing artifact correction
to support performing analyses on unreferenced data, as in spectral analyses.
20) Added conversion of REF channel type to EEG for older EP
files, which can otherwise result in various reference channel problems.
21) Added ability to perform PCA on datasets with bad data.
22) FacScr observations are now always arranged with
permutations in order of the seven data dimensions. PCA files made prior to
2.44 cannot be used for two-step PCA. The first step will need to be rerun.
23) Fixed minimum and maximum values for spectral PCA
datasets not being calculated corrected when using View functions.
24) Fixed not able to load in EP files with frequency PCA
25) Fixed crash when changing pages in Topos view with
26) Fixed 2D expanded head plots for Topos view for frequency data.
27) Fixed jack-knife test possibly conducted on wrong factor
or just crashing in Topos view.
28) Fixed rescale option for frequency data in Topos view.
29) Fixed when spectral range changed in View function and
dB or psd options are on, the values are
immediately further transformed.
30) Fixed crash on last page of topos for frequency PCA
31) Fixed crash when saving edits in Scan function.
32) In the Scan function, fixed all subjects shown as having
a bad cell if the first subject in an average dataset has a bad cell.
33) Fixed peak latency of factors expressed as one sample
too late in the Edit function.
34) Added legend to wave plots.
35) When using factors to set channel areas in the Window
function, can now specify whether to use largest absolute, negative, or
36) Will no longer keep resetting the factor loading
threshold back to the original number in the Window function.
37) Fixed crash when running an ANOVA on a windowed text
file generated by autoPCA and the adds option is on.
38) Fixed minimum and maximum voltages in View pane not
reflecting correct values for single trial data.
39) Added support for reading BrainVision EEG files.
40) Fixed crash in blink template function when frequency or
factor files are present by excluding them entirely.
41) Fixed blink template waveform plot not adjusting to new
length when switching datasets.
42) For blink template function, fixed marker for blink and
saccade not placed at correct latency after switching between datasets with the
same number of samples but different baselines.
43) Fixed crash when loading an ept file with no theta
values for the electrode coordinates.
44) Fixed crash when there is more than one bad channel and
the reference is mean mastoid.
45) Fixed crash in saccade correction due to bug introduced
in last version.
46) Fixed crash when the ced file has no type field.
47) Fixed crash in topoplots when there are electrodes
48) Allow for manual windowing of PCA files rather than just
49) Fixed list of trials for single-trial data in View pane
50) Added simple averaging of trials in Edit function's cell
subpane for single-trial data.
51) In preprocessing, if current reference not specified,
default to original reference.
52) Fixed blink and
saccade correction in Preprocessing function could issue false error that
template had wrong number of electrodes.
53) Fixed crash in Preprocessing function when correcting
blink or saccade in continuous file.
54) Fixed crash in Preprocessing when there are multiple
chunks and some have blink factors and some do not.
55) Fixed crash in Preprocessing function when replacing bad
channels in continuous data.
56) Transforms can be applied to non-EEG channel types and
which data mode can be specified.
57) Fixed crash when filtering continuous data and there are
no boundary events present.
58) Fixed blank keys event fields being created without a
.key after the keys level.
59) Added "starts", "ends",
"contains", and "follows" keywords to Segment function.
60) Fixed Edit function reordering cells in single-trial
data when anything clicked or changed in the Cells table and they were not
already in alphabetical order.
61) Added support for sample-by-sample, CWT, and Woody
Filter PCA comparisons using both non-parametric t-tests and jack-knife tests (including
addition of STS chanType).
62) In Edit function, fixed deleting wrong cell of
single-trial data when cells were not in alphabetical order.
63) Added support for SMI eye-tracking data to be merged
with EEG data.
64) Added latency-locked and jitter-correction averaging
65) Fixed cov.Nq field (used for FIFF file format support)
not being formed correctly when combining subjects, resulting in crashes later
66) Fixed subject selection not being applied to .cov.Nq
field (used for FIFF file format support), resulting in crashes down the line
for combined subject average files.
67) Added fix for crash when trying to read mff files that
erroneously label their COM channel as being a reference channel.
68) Fixed crash when saving file with an empty .keys field
in EEGlab .set format.
69) Added additional filtering options, including one-pass
causal filters and order settings. Also
providing graphs of effects of filtering on the data in the frequency and
70) Simplified event keys field structure.
71) Fixed labels for REG channels being blank when saving
EEGlab .set format files.
72) For single_trial data, the event latency values now
conform to "for epoched datasets the event latencies are also encoded in
sample points with respect to the beginning of the data (as if the data were
rather than being in terms of the beginning of the original continuous data.
73) Fixed adding 'trigger' events if they are already
74) Fixed epoch event field in saved .set files referring to
trial number from complete dataset rather than in terms of the EEG file (the
75) Fixed urevent event field in saved .set files reflecting
event numbering of full dataset rather than just the one condition in the EEG
76) Fixed sometimes adding too many epoch entries when
exporting single_trial .set files, resulting in aborted export process.
77) Handles better situation where a field of an event is
78) Fixed bug where
windowing of spatial PCAs of ERPs and temporal and spatial PCAs of spectral
data started with first sample of the epoch rather than the sample specified.
79) Fixed crash under some conditions when selecting points
from a continuous file, as when using the trimData function.
80) Fixed only first event sample being updated when points
selected from continuous data, as in trimming data.
81) Fixed boundary events falling on edge of selected time
range not being deleted.
82) Fixed edits in trimData function not being saved when
clicking on "keep".
83) Fixed crash in blink Template function when the dataset
contains a boundary event.
84) Further improved mff file format support.
85) Adds, like blink and saccade channels, are stripped out
of preprocessed data if the output file format is not ept.
86) Fixed crash in Edit function when reordering subjects.
87) Fixed .cov.Nq not being updated when stripping off
subject adds, resulting in error messages.
88) Fixed CSD option of Transform crashing.
89) Fixed crash when median averaging frequency-domain data.
90) Fixed Topos function not displaying frequency-domain
91) Added option to explore effects of rereferencing to View
92) In transform function, setting std field to empty rather
than trying to rereference.
93) Added PARE-corrected average reference option to the Transform function.