Reading files: Session specification

Help
S Rgez H
2022-04-28
2022-05-08
  • S Rgez H

S Rgez H - 2022-04-28

Dear Dr. Dean, sorry to bother you again,

I have difficulties to identify the two sessions of a test-retest when importing .txt files (averaged).

I have separate files for each subject, task condition and sesion. I specified, in the Subject, Cell and Session fields, the characters in the file names corresponding to those tags (s1_s1_c1.txt).

But, when reading files corresponding to the session2, a warning is provided: "the file sn_sn_cn duplicated the data for subject 's1' for cell 'c1', and so once and again (as is the last file read duplicated all the previous files?). It seems that it is ignorin the information in the Session field. When I edit the created file, the Session pane have no information.

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I attach a zip file with the files from 4 subjects and the .ced electrode file for help.

Another question: I don't have a retest (second session) from all the subjects (only from some of them). Will this be a problem in subsequent steps with the toolkit (I am thinking of ANOVA)?
    Thank you very much!

• Joe Dien

Joe Dien - 2022-05-07

Okay, fixed! It'll be in the EP Toolkit beta I e-mailed you. If you downloaded it prior to getting this message, then download it again.

Joe

• S Rgez H

S Rgez H - 2022-05-08

Great! it runs now.
    Please, could you tell me if the file structure is now correct? I have doubts because it appears to be reading two files (one for each session) from a subject as if they were two subjects. I attach one file with 5 subjects (3 of them with 2 sessions, the other 2 with one session)

• Joe Dien

Joe Dien - 2022-05-08

Yep that's right! Use the Edit function to look at them. There is a session field that keeps track of which session they come from.