Menu

Read Data - .fif file help

Help
2022-05-20
2022-06-16
  • Arlene Jiang

Arlene Jiang - 2022-05-20

Hi Dr. Dien,

I'm trying to read an epoched .fif file into the Toolkit, but I've run into the following error.

Unrecognized function or variable 'addRefFlag'.

Error in ep_readData (line 4188)
    if addRefFlag

Error in ep>readFiles (line 13459)
    EPdata=ep_readData(inArg);

Error in ep (line 5224)
    readFiles(theHandles,importFormat,dataType);

Error while evaluating UIControl Callback.

I've tinkered around with the settings, but keep seeing this same error. I'm happy to provide any additional info. Thanks so much,
    Arlene

• Joe Dien

Joe Dien - 2022-05-20

Happy to look at it! I'll need a copy of the file, a screenshot of your settings, the output of "ver", and the startup text after you type in ep. See tutorial section on bug reports.

• Arlene Jiang

Arlene Jiang - 2022-05-26

Hi again,

Thanks so much for offering to look at this. I sent along the requested items with the subject "EP Toolkit: Read epoched .fif" to your email. Please let me know if you don't see this.

Thanks,
    Arlene

• Arlene Jiang

Arlene Jiang - 2022-06-01

Hi Dr. Dien,

I'm trying to avoid the .fif import issue by first converting my files to EEGLAB .set files with Python-MNE. I can now load in data for one subject! However, I think this introduces some formatting issues that don't allow single file mode to work properly. I'll email along the files and error message.

• Joe Dien

Joe Dien - 2022-06-16

Okay, I think I've fixed everything and have sent you the link to a fixed version. I'll include the changes in the next EP Toolkit release. It should now provide better support for .fif files and EGI Hydrocel-33 channel systems.

• Arlene Jiang

Arlene Jiang - 2022-06-17
    Post awaiting moderation.