We've been using Erlsom for a long time with major success so far but we found a small inconvenience when trying to parse strings (type xs:string in our base XSD):
If the value of the element is a number of blank spaces or some tabs, without any "visible char" we'll lose them in the translation. Example:
Will turn into:
The curious part happens when the opposite operation doesn't fail as expected. Example:
It's not a real problem as long as we can keep it under control (filtering those strange cases) but it would be great to know if this is an expected behaviour.
I'll look into it.
I fixed this. The fix is in the github repository, together with some other improvements - http://github.com/willemdj/erlsom.
The whitespace will now be included in the value of the element. Note: it doesn't work 100% for mixed types.
Thank you for your fast response, we'll update to the repository version and work from it.
Log in to post a comment.