eqmod_mon - 2006-11-23

Welcome to all

• TerradGlobal

TerradGlobal - 2007-04-10

Thanks Mon,

Chuck

• Jeff Winthers

Jeff Winthers - 2014-03-17

Greetings all. If someone could help me with the following problem, I'd at the very least be eternally grateful! I 'follow' AstronomyShed, and purchased one of Dion's focuser controllers a bit over a year ago. They are purported to be ASCOM compliant, and usable with SharpCap capture software. When I had everything hooked up inside my home to try it all out, it all worked fine; now I cannot get my focuser to function with ASCOMPAD or SharpCap. I know that everything works, because I've 'troubleshot' all the components, and can hear the relays 'click' when I activate 'in or out' functions on the PC and with the Logitech joystick that I use for mount control at the eyepiece. When in SharpCap, I get the window stating: "InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex' (next line reads) Parameter name: SelectedIndex" this without quote marks at the beginning and end, of course. When in ASCOMPAD, I get nothing other than the clicks within the controller box when reversing direction. I've checked the battery inside the controller box and have 9.1volts showing. I'm pretty sure it's a human/computer interface problem in that I don't know how to change the SelectedIndex from 0 to whatever number it requires to function. The only other thing I can think of at this point, is that it is 'seeing' the wrong COM Port, but when I check the com ports in 'Device Manager', the 'puter says everything is working properly. BTW, the computer is a Laptop HP Pavilion with most of the 'bells and whistles', running Windows 7.

Last edit: Jeff Winthers 2014-03-17