Menu

Only getting 4 EPG entries per channel and descriptions match titles.

Help
2020-01-04
2020-02-15
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-02-07

Oops - mistake in that one. This one still won't work but should log more info to help me make it work. Funnily enough it does work on a Microsoft module that provides the same mapping feature as the HDHomerun. That's software for you.

I'm not making this a priority. It's just the last item in the next fixpack and hopefully that should then be the last one for a while as the changes/fixes needed for you NA users has settled down now.

• Tony Wagner

Tony Wagner - 2020-02-09

Updated log attached.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-02-11

Last try attached. If this doesn't work I'm giving up.

As you say it's only a minor issue. And the registry changes would still be necessary to enable the EPG Centre options for Find EPG, Analyze Stream and Dump Stream to work because Silicondust don't offer an option to get the whole data stream in WMC mode and those functions need the whole stream. They should have allowed a special pid value to enable this.

• Tony Wagner

Tony Wagner - 2020-02-12

This time, it worked! Log attached.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-02-13

That's good news.

Silicondust identify the required interface with a different GUID to the Microsoft component I tested the code with. I would have thought the Microsoft component would be the correct one but who knows.

Thanks for your help in getting this going. I'll release it now with your registry changes in the user guide in the appendix about tuners.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-02-13

Looking at the registry changes I wonder if it would have worked if you just disable the Windows Media Center BDAPIDFilter.

Then re-enable it to go back to proper WMC mode.

• Tony Wagner

Tony Wagner - 2020-02-13

Steve, you are correct. The "Windows Media Center" / "J River Media Center" lines in the registry changes were unnecessary. I just edited my post to remove them.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-02-14

I'll change the User Guide.

I couldn't really see how the two application names made any difference when EPG Collector was the application!

• Tony Wagner

Tony Wagner - 2020-02-15

Yeah, I'm guessing that just controlled the name displayed in the drop-down in the HDHomeRun setup application. (I simply checked what registry values changed when I changed that drop-down.)

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)