I just rewrote Edje file format. It should already be an improvement
in memory layout, load time and maybe during calculation too over
previous file format, but with time it should enable more
As I don't want to do a release with old and new load code in edje,
edje is from svn revision 50936 only able to load file in the new
format. If you have old edje file that you want to convert to new one,
I provide a tool edje_convert so that you can make old edj file
compatible with new edje load code. After running an old edj file
through edje_convert, old and new load code will be able to work with
I didn't modify the way edje_cc_handler work for now, it will be in
another patch. So right now, it call edje_convert at the end of the
parsing task and still manipulate old memory structure, this will
change in the coming days, but that patch will mostly impact
This change doesn't add feature to the file format, this also will
evolve in the coming day as I plan to store embryo source code
separatly so that we can regenerate them at some point and of course
add the localization support.
Stay tuned and please report any weird behaviour !
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.