From: Andrew Elcock <aje@co...> - 2002-12-13 00:15:43
Hey guys, hows things?..
I was hoping to start an FAQ for e17 on gentoo (I know, still CVS but..)
and was wondering if anyone here had been using gentoo, or has otherways
some experience that may help.
Thanks for your time,
Andrew Elcock wrote:
>Hey guys, hows things?..
>I was hoping to start an FAQ for e17 on gentoo (I know, still CVS but..)
>and was wondering if anyone here had been using gentoo, or has otherways
>some experience that may help.
>Thanks for your time,
You can start with http://e1x.codewordt.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=49
There's also an ebuild in /usr/portage/x11-wm/enlightenment-cvs
It doesn't work for me...
Things of note:
- compile imlib2 with the --disable-mmx flag. Otherwise E won't find
imlib2 loaders. In my case, even _with_ the --disable-mmx flag it still
won't compile, but maybe it's because I'm using SPLIT.
- you don't need to downgrade your libs and stuff as indicated in the
message thread - E17 seems to be OK with whatever Gentoo has by default now
- note the post re: downloading the tree as of a certain date - after
this date the whole thing seems broken and won't compile.
- document your steps. I _had_ E17 compiled under Gentoo not too long
ago, but since I re-installed, haven't been able to reproduce my success
- not that I've tried too hard - I've been damned busy backing up my DVD
- when you get it going, email the maintainer of the ebuild and offer
your version of 'how I did it'. The more the merrier.
Any additions / corrections? Hey I'm a little drunk so maybe I got a few