On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:47:49 +0200"Recommended"? Yes, there are a single form + two plural forms in russian.
"Ag. Systems Administrator - Danny" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Actually, this comes from plurals definition (which is widely recommended
> for Russian language):
There is nothing bad in it. That how it is.
> "Plural-Forms: nplurals=3; plural=(n%10==1 && n%100!=11 ? 0 : n%10>=2 && n"What gets 2 or less translations? Can you clarify your statement?
> "%10<=4 && (n%100<10 || n%100>=20) ? 1 : 2);\n"
> Then, when it comes to plurals, it expects 3 translations (as defined in
> plurals statement), but gets 2 or less...
What do you want to "outsmart"? There is no problem with multiple
> Outsmarted it by adding third line of translation:
> : src/bin/e_fm.c:3648
> #, c-format
> msgid "%i file"
> msgid_plural "%i files"
> msgstr "%i ÆÁÊÌ"
> msgstr "%i ÆÁÊÌÏ×"
> msgstr "%i ÆÁÊÌÏ×"
plural forms -- gettext handles this just fine. And your example is
actually wrong -- it should be 'msgstr "%i ÆÁÊÌÁ"' here.
> Thank you,What makes you think that having two plural forms is a "hell"?
> PS: I understand good intention of plurals statement, but it should not be
> such hell :)
You just need to learn how to handle them properly with gettext,
but that's not difficult. The real problem as i see it is
that zmike doesn't care much about non-english speakers, so
he codes gettext stuff anyhow; raster seems to not care about
translations at all; and Massimo is scared of touching the code,
even if a patch doesn't alter program behaviour and just fixes
some gettext related stuff.
> 2012/10/30 Massimo Maiurana <email@example.com>
> > Igor Murzov, il 30/10/2012 01:27, ha scritto:
> > > These two patches, i've sent yesterday to the ML depend on
> > > the other patches i've sent to the ML about half an hour
> > > before. Following patches should be applied first to get
> > > correct translation:
> > >
> > > E-MODULES-EXTRA-mpdule-gettextize.patch
> > > E-MODULES-EXTRA-mpdule-Remove-stray-semicolon-from-a-control-label.patch
> > > E-Properly-use-gettext-for-handling-plural-forms.patch
> > I'm afraid it's still not enough.
> > I've tried applying the third patch but the errors are still there as I was
> > expecting, because nothing changed in the process of generating
> > enlightenment.pot and updating po files. only e_utils is affected by that
> > patch.
> > for now I've committed your translations because the failing part of ru.po
> > will be stripped by msgmerge during compilation, but it will be unuseful
> > until
> > you submit a patch which takes that part into account.
> > as for the other patches, I'll leave them to developers as I usually commit
> > only translations, so for now even the mpdule ru.po file isn't actually
> > used
> > (but present anyway).
Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:
Enlightenment-intl mailing list