Actually, this comes from plurals definition (which is widely recommended for Russian language):

"Plural-Forms: nplurals=3; plural=(n%10==1 && n%100!=11 ? 0 : n%10>=2 && n"
"%10<=4 && (n%100<10 || n%100>=20) ? 1 : 2);\n"

Then, when it comes to plurals, it expects 3 translations (as defined in plurals statement), but gets 2 or less...

Outsmarted it by adding third line of translation:

: src/bin/e_fm.c:3648
#, c-format
msgid "%i file"
msgid_plural "%i files"
msgstr[0] "%i ΖΑΚΜ"
msgstr[1] "%i ΖΑΚΜΟΧ"
msgstr[2] "%i ΖΑΚΜΟΧ"

Thank you,

PS: I understand good intention of plurals statement, but it should not be such hell :)

2012/10/30 Massimo Maiurana <maiurana@gmail.com>
Igor Murzov, il 30/10/2012 01:27, ha scritto:

> These two patches, i've sent yesterday to the ML depend on
> the other patches i've sent to the ML about half an hour
> before. Following patches should be applied first to get
> correct translation:
> E-MODULES-EXTRA-mpdule-gettextize.patch
> E-MODULES-EXTRA-mpdule-Remove-stray-semicolon-from-a-control-label.patch
> E-Properly-use-gettext-for-handling-plural-forms.patch

I'm afraid it's still not enough.

I've tried applying the third patch but the errors are still there as I was
expecting, because nothing changed in the process of generating
enlightenment.pot and updating po files. only e_utils is affected by that patch.

for now I've committed your translations because the failing part of ru.po
will be stripped by msgmerge during compilation, but it will be unuseful until
you submit a patch which takes that part into account.

as for the other patches, I'll leave them to developers as I usually commit
only translations, so for now even the mpdule ru.po file isn't actually used
(but present anyway).


š Massimo Maiurana š š š š š š š GPG keyID #7044D601

š La fede e' credere in cio' che sai non essere vero
š š š š š š š š š š [Mark Twain]

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics
Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:
Enlightenment-intl mailing list