Menu

Can't decrypt then T bird crashes

wildman
2017-04-16
2017-04-18
  • wildman

wildman - 2017-04-16

I tried decrypting a messg. and it would not download. Recent switch to AOL as Verizon no longer supports email but I may still use the same email. And recent update to Thunderbird. Using Windows 8.1. Enigmail version 1.9.6.1 gpg2
    t bird 52.0.1
    I have debug log but not sure how to post it here? Thanks.

• wildman

wildman - 2017-04-16

Log

• Ludwig Hügelschäfer

Sorry, there's no visible trace of a decryption attempt in the log. Also, Enigmail itself cannot crash Thunderbird, as it is written completely in JS. There may be crashes in Thunderbird when using Enigmail, but they are caused by bugs whithin Thunderbird.

• Ludwig Hügelschäfer

Do you have other extensions installed besides Enigmail? Try to disable them, and then retry.

• wildman

wildman - 2017-04-17

I tried a search for the .dmp and was not allowed to acess it. I'm running as admin!

• Patrick Brunschwig

All of these crashes have the same signature "shutdownhang | _PR_MD_WAIT_CV | _PR_WaitCondVar | mozilla::CondVar::Wait | nsEventQueue::GetEvent | nsThread::nsChainedEventQueue::GetEvent | nsThread::GetEvent | nsThread::ProcessNextEvent | NS_InvokeByIndex".

None of the functions in the signature can be called by Enigmail. Please report the crash to Mozilla.

• wildman

wildman - 2017-04-18

Yes I have. Thanks so much for looking.