key import problem

Bill Toole
2013-10-25
2013-10-27
  • Bill Toole
    Bill Toole
    2013-10-25

I have existing keys on a mac which I export as an .asc file from GPG keychain access. I am trying to import into Postbox with the enigmail 1.2.3 add on and it does not work. GnuPG is properly located.

Any suggestions ?

• Why do you think it doesn't work? What did you expect and what did happen instead?

BTW: Postbox is a commercial mail client and uses a modified, closed source version of enigmail. Besides of general tips we cannot help you much.

• Bill Toole
    Bill Toole
    2013-10-27

Thanks for the response - was just hoping to get my gnupg keys imported but set up wizard simply claimed not to find anything in the specified file. Any command line work around ? Postbox has no support forums it seems. Other than this its not a bad email client. This "add on" should be part of the app and maintained IMHO :-)

Actually same issue in Thunderbird with enigmail 1.6 but I get a real diagnostic :

gpg: /Users/mac10/.gnupg/gpg.conf:233: invalid auto-key-locate list

Figured it out - opened up .gnupg/gpg.conf and commented out the following :

auto-key-locate cert pka ldap hkp://keys.gnupg.net
    comment GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
    emit-version

Suggestions on a more elegant solution ? Keys were however imported just fine !

Last edit: Bill Toole 2013-10-28