OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Enigmail

Max
2013-11-03
2013-11-04
  • Max

Max - 2013-11-03

Hi all,

On upgrading to OS X 10.9, Enigmail no longer seems to decrypt messages in my inbox. Anyone else have the same issue? Anything I can do to help with a fix?

Screenshot: http://sharebucketapp.com/ZGZmMWM3Nzk2NDEyZWI1

• Patrick Brunschwig

This is a crash outside of Enigmail (though possibly triggered by Enigmail using some Thunderbird functionality). The libraries involved in the stack are clearly only Thunderbird and OS X-System libraries.

Please use the Thunderbird crash reporter to report this to Mozilla.

• Max

Max - 2013-11-04

Thanks for the response Patrick! I have an update:

The expression of this bug changed suddenly (and with no apparent reason) - Thunderbird no longer crashes on open, but Enigmail is still not functional. Messages that decrypted fine in the past now fail to decrypt with the message "Error - signature verification failed; click on 'Details' button for more information".

The details button fails to provide any additional useful information and provides additional "signature verification failed" messages.

Any ideas of what is going on?

• Patrick Brunschwig

This means that the signature of the mail is invalid. That's a perfectly possible, correct result of the signature verification process. It means that Enigmail and GnuPG are working correctly, but that the message was altered after the signature was made.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks