Can't record from line-in

Help
tsenger
2003-07-08
2012-07-08
  • tsenger

tsenger - 2003-07-08

Like many others in that forum, i can't record from line-in.
    I have RedHat 8.0, emu10k1, SBLive and was playing wit almost every combination with the mixer. I think the problem is the dsp-mgr not setting the correct route.
    Playing sound works fine.
    Can anybody tell me the correct route, the /etc/modules.conf and other setting what might be needed.

Thanks,
    Thomas

• Anonymous - 2003-08-29

If you get the sound playback to work otherwise, usually "emu-dspmgr -aAnalog:Front" is enough as stated on earlier posts.

• Anonymous - 2003-10-20

if you want to record from line in, use smixer at best.
      kmix and all the sh*t doesn't work for recording at real time...

• Fauzie Wiriadisastra

uh.. i don't understand what you guys are talking about.. So how to get sound reccording to work? I have the same problem, sound works but no reccording. I have an audigy2 by the way.

• Al Waltrip

Al Waltrip - 2004-09-26

I have an SoundBlaster Live 5.1 card and I have a microphone plugged into the "mic" jack of the SB soundcard. I bring up the "Gnome menu -> Programs -> Multimedia -> Sound Recorder" program and try to record some gibberish while talking into the microphone. When I play the file back nothing is heard. I've done

emu-dspmgr -a"Anolog:Front"
      emu-dspmgr -a"Analog L:Mic Rec"

I bring up kmix, a mixer app and it shows the mic selected as the recording device.

The microphone works on Windows 2000.

Any ideas

Thanx
      Alex

• Marcus_W

Marcus_W - 2004-09-26

Set route Analog:ADC Rec, works for me! If you want to use the one on the live drive set Line2/Mic2 :ADC Rec

And i don't know what shit hampel was talking about:
      "if you want to record from line in, use smixer at best.
      kmix and all the sh*t doesn't work for recording at real time... " Anyway, whatever he says, it's WRONG! The mixer doesn't have anyting to do with recording in realtime or not. It's just a tool to set signal levels!

//Wille

• james tate

james tate - 2005-04-03

I have a SB Audigy2 ZS and I can't the mic to either, using FC3.
      All other sounds works great.
      Has anyone found fix for using Microphone ?

Jim