I'm pleased to announce the first bugfix release in the 2.4 series,
2.4.1. A number of bugs, large and small, have been fixed since 2.4.0.
The new packages are available for Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" in the
package repositories. If you installed 2.4.0, this will be presented as
an upgrade. If you have 2.3.5 or earlier, it will not automatically be
installed as an upgrade. For more information and installation/upgrade
instructions, please see
Git users can get this release by checking out the v2.4.1 tag, or follow
bugfixes on the v2.4_branch. Source tarballs are available from the
package repository, http://linuxcnc.org/hardy/dists/hardy/emc2.4/source
Many thanks to everyone who helped us with reports, information, or code
related to the problems fixed in this release.
Changes since 2.4.0:
* tooledit: fix display of angles for lathe tools
* tkemc: fix "Tool Table Editor" menu item
* tkemc: remove 'balloon' and 'emchelp' menu items which should not have
* parport: make it a warning, not an error, if EPP is not detected by Linux
* pncconf: various improvements
* configs: various improvements to the smithy configurations
* axis: fix "touch off" when loaded program starts with "%"
* axis: fix click-to-select in preview on Ubuntu 10.04 in
* axis: new splash screen
* hostmot2: fix undesired motion of steppers immediately after enabling them
* fixed several buffer overflows in error routines
* NURBS: fix several bugs and document it
* hal_joystick: remove as it no longer works. Use hal_input instead.
* Documentation improvements
* Remove several debugging messages and warnings
* Change the default message level from ALL to ERR, which was the default
in version 2.3.x.
* Locked memory: improve locked memory setup and locked memory error
* integ: new 'gain' pin