Install seemed to fail for emacro22.tar.gz. Instructions
could be clearer.
1. copy tar file to home directory
2. using Cygwin bash: tar -xzvf emacro22.tar.gz
this makes files into ~/emacs directory
3. tried to run ~/emacs/bin/w32/install.bat (per
readme.html). Failed -- no file
4. tried to run ~/emacs/bin/w32/e-install.bat.
Failed w/ error message.
5. Couldn't find init.el file.
Finally got working after fixing two problems:
a) using .emacs not _emacs (.emacs was found)
b) "remacs" not in Windows path.
Recommendation:- clearer instructions & merge quick
start with detailed.
- state need for emacs executable to be in path as well
- make e-install.bat smart enough to look for & rename
.emacs files too.
I hope my feedback helps & is not an annoyance. EMacro
looks like a nice package.
Log in to post a comment.