bfieldc vs. bfcmt

Elk Users
ylguo
2022-12-07
2022-12-08
  • ylguo

ylguo - 2022-12-07

Dear all,

I am doing a TDDFT-laser-pulse evolution for a magnetic system. Only a global magnetic field was applied, i.e., bfieldc
    0.0 0.0 0.05
    Two Cr atroms involved in the system should be ferromagnetic ordering, or so I thought. However, the initial magnetic moments are 3 and -3 in MOMENTM_TD.OUT. Can anyone can know what am I doing wrong?

Actually. I am confused about how large a global magnetic field is needed? Or, I could set a large field at the atoms, and set a small reducebf?
    Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
    Yilv

• Mike B

Mike B - 2022-12-08

Dear Yilv,
    I would strongly recommend to first examine the ground state carefully before starting any time propagation of the system.

If the system is ferromagnetically ordered, it should be sufficient to set a small bfieldc value. How ever, I would prefer to set some small local bfields within each muffin-tin, by specifying "atoms" appropriately.

When you have problems to find a FM ground state you coould try to converge first within a fixed spin moment calculation to some reasonable chosen FM state and afterwards lift the constraint and re-converge the system with reducebf.

Hope this was helpful.
    Best regards,
    Mike

• ylguo

ylguo - 2022-12-08

Thanks Mike. I will give it a try and examine the ground state carefully.

Cheers!
    Yilv