here's a mail that i send to howard kistler today, wich might be interesting for the community as well:
Hi howard kistler,
i tried to mail you some time ago but couldn't reach you. therefore i just try it again.
meanwhile i customized ekit for dedi (http://www.der-dirigent.de),
added some features and fixed some bugs.
heres the list of changes:
- larger icons with different, easier to understand pictograms.
- menubar and toolbar can be switched on or off via applet-parameters.
- each top-level-menuitem can be turned on or off via applet-parameter.
- implemented support for loading more than one stylesheet
- support for indenting/de-indenting is implemented.
- new buttons for de-/indenting
- buttons for align left/center/right/justify
- button for insert server image
- optional second toolbar (can be disabled via applet parameter)
- anchor dialog now supports target-parameter.
- insert special character dialog now implemented
- new cgi-interface for fetching links and server-side-images from a cms
- color-chooser button
- table-dialog button
- syntax highlighting for java >= 1.4.0
- signed the applet to support cut-and-paste.
- clear all styles works now.
- links can now be removed without leaving an <a> tag behind in the code.
- fixed bug with de-/indent that only indentation could only be performed once.
necessary. an applet tag cannot be addressed as a form-object in
a preview of the modified applet can be found here:
the code can be obtained from here (momentarily, this might change some time in the future.)
It's works fine with Explorer and Mozilla Firebird. If you make more changes... post a new message or send me a email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I'm using now your updated version.
i put the modified version of ekit on my website:
thats also the place where i will put all updates.
unfortunately the site is in german - english will follow soon, though. you can find the modified ekit by clicking on projekte -> java -> wysiwyg editor.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.