The code base and releases have been migrated to GitHub because they're less likely to mess with the executables. SourceForge seems to have significantly changed over the years and I just can't get behind it any longer.
The project has been abandoned since 2012 so I'm hanging it up and allowing it to live at GitHub. Feel free to fork it there yourself.... read more
So many of you may or may not know but the keyfinder project was originally developed in Boreland Delphi using a language called pascal. As of right now I don't have a decent pascal IDE and the one I do have the code doesn't compile correctly. This is something I'd like to address in two ways; 1) Get it compiling again; 2) Reprogram Enchanted Keyfinder in a completely different language and one which is more open. This means I'll likely be leaving pascal behind in search of a more modern language to do this. Preferably one which supports sqlite3 databases because that's how Adobe stores its keys.... read more
It hit Japan. Here's a link for donations and a person finder.
I wrote a python script which parses the mediawiki xml schema and generates html files as output. Then I can compile the generated html files into a chm format all automated. It took me 5 or 6 hours to create but from now on generating documentation will take seconds for me across all of my projects into a chm format. The html is w3c xhtml validated.
Check out the script and try it out yourself. I provided a copy of the current wiki documentation so that you can generate it yourself.... read more
A new version of Enchanted Keyfinder has been released. Here is a quote from the changelog.
Build 0.1.0.377 Beta 7 -- February 27th, 2011
1. Fixed bug where SavePath is not read correctly from settings.
2. Implemented a new feature, User defined config file.
3. Changed default setting for autosave path to a relative value.
4. Disabled forcing UAC prompt.
5. Modified the LoadHive error for privileges so that user knows to
run program as Administrator.
6. Fixed LoadHive setting and SoftwareHivePath setting.
7. Finished fixing the web links for the new project.
8. Reorganized the saving of settings into alphabetical order A-Z,
loading doesn't matter.
9. Disabled log options in the options dialog. It's currently not
being used anyways.
10. Removed the following settings which currently are not in use:
11. Updated keyfinder.cfg.
12. Implemented a path to settings file setting.
I have added Richard Hernandez (syncfate) to the project. He'll be managing the Spanish translation of the website.
It's been a slow process getting all the aspects of this project off the ground. Surely it is getting done.
I've started filling out the community wiki. It is located at:
I check the wiki daily. Every time a user visits the wiki I upgrade them to editor. So if you visit the wiki and are not able to edit one day. Check a few days later because you'll likely be able to edit it then.... read more
I have added Marcus Stewart (mmarx82) to the project. He'll be doing stuff with keyfinder.cfg.
Well I finally got around to designing a new website. I designed it with multilingual support in mind. So if you know a language other than English then please assist me by translating it.
Just click on the contact page or visit...
See the section for translators under contribute.
A new version of Enchanted Keyfinder has been released.
Notable new feature: Implemented software updates for unstable and stable versions.
A new version of Enchanted Keyfinder has been released. This is a compatibility release update for the new project name.
Notable bug fix: Office 2010 key retrieval has been fix. Still testing.
Notable new feature: Save keys as HTML or INI.
An understanding has been met between Enchanted Keyfinder and Recover Keys. To resolve this issue I, and other developers of the project, have no problem complying with the following.
* The project unix name will be renamed away from keyfinder (this has been done)
* All Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder sources will be removed (this has been done)
* Enchanted Keyfinder will attribute Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder as its base in the description (this has always been done)... read more
Currently Enchanted Keyfinder, which is a fork of Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder, is under attack with a "DMCA counternotification".
On February 8th, 2011 an email was received stating:
"After taking down Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder from sourceforge few months ago it is now again available:
As owner of MJB KeyFinder project I request removal of this project from sourceforge, according to GPL it is owner's choice to decide whether to leave it open-source or not."... read more