Menu

i cant create cryptotoken with yubihsm2

Help
2023-02-14
2023-02-16
  • Eduardo Bolivar

Eduardo Bolivar - 2023-02-14

I have already followed all the steps to create a cryptotoken with yubihsm2, even using clientToolBox I can see the slot and the tokens in the console but when trying to create the cryptotoken in ejbca it does not allow me, I wanted to know if I could get more information apart from what it has yubico on his website

• Tomas Gustavsson

Not that I know of. What do you mean with does not allow? If it works in clientToolBox it usually means it works in EJBCA.
    You can continue the discussion at GitHub: https://github.com/Keyfactor/ejbca-ce/discussions

• Eduardo Bolivar

Eduardo Bolivar - 2023-02-16

I already created the asymmetric key, and the attestation certificate with the requested capabilities, I already included the library in the ejbca configuration file so that I can see the library when creating the crypto token but when I am going to create it following the steps as is it gives me an error.

I also tried to create it with clientool box and i have the next error

root@criptografia:/opt/ejbca_ce_7_4_3_2/dist/clientToolBox# ./ejbcaClientToolBox.sh PKCS11HSMKeyTool generate /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkcs11/yubihsm_pkcs11.so secp256r1 defaultKey 0
    Using Slot Reference Type: Slot Number.
    Contraseña del Token PKCS11 [SunPKCS11-yubihsm_pkcs11.so-slot0]:
    Command could not be executed. See log for stack trace.
    2023-02-15 15:24:04,803 ERROR [org.ejbca.ui.cli.HSMKeyTool] Command 'PKCS11HSMKeyTool generate /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkcs11/yubihsm_pkcs11.so secp256r1 defaultKey 0' could not be executed.
    java.security.ProviderException: sun.security.pkcs11.wrapper.PKCS11Exception: CKR_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_INVALID
    at sun.security.pkcs11.P11KeyPairGenerator.generateKeyPair(P11KeyPairGenerator.java:424)
    at java.security.KeyPairGenerator$Delegate.generateKeyPair(KeyPairGenerator.java:697)
    at org.cesecore.keys.util.KeyStoreTools.generateKeyPair(KeyStoreTools.java:453)
    at org.cesecore.keys.util.KeyStoreTools.generateEC(KeyStoreTools.java:252)
    at org.cesecore.keys.util.KeyStoreTools.generateKeyPair(KeyStoreTools.java:364)
    at org.ejbca.ui.cli.HSMKeyTool.doIt(HSMKeyTool.java:243)
    at org.ejbca.ui.cli.HSMKeyTool.execute(HSMKeyTool.java:730)
    at org.ejbca.ui.cli.ClientToolBox.executeIfSelected(ClientToolBox.java:40)
    at org.ejbca.ui.cli.ClientToolBox.main(ClientToolBox.java:70)
    Caused by: sun.security.pkcs11.wrapper.PKCS11Exception: CKR_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_INVALID
    at sun.security.pkcs11.wrapper.PKCS11.C_GenerateKeyPair(Native Method)
    at sun.security.pkcs11.P11KeyPairGenerator.generateKeyPair(P11KeyPairGenerator.java:416)
    ... 8 more

• Tomas Gustavsson

Continuing at GitHub.