100 errors while building source

Help
Thotheolh
2014-02-10
2014-02-12
  • Thotheolh

Thotheolh - 2014-02-10

Hi,

I tried posting for help but I am not sure if SF.net actually had some trip up so I am reposting it.

I tried to build from source for my JEE6 / Glassfish 3 installation but I am getting 100 errors.

My output log can be found on pastebin at: pastebin.com/DC0MZpFt

How do I successfully build the EJBCA sources ?

It would be nice if the project team can provide a ready installation executable for those who dont want to build them.

Thanks.

• Tomas Gustavsson

Hi,

Check the installation guide, under documentation at EJBCA.org. There are great installation instructions for jboss. It also says, under the GlassFish subsection that GlassFish is not supported at the moment. So basically you're on your own, but we're glad to have patches fixing build and deploy on GlassFish.

Cheers,
    Tomas

• Thotheolh

Thotheolh - 2014-02-11

I tried to recompile my copy of EJBCA against the latest JBoss Wildfly version 8 which I am fully aware that it has not been thoroughly tested with EJBCA since it's a new JBoss version.

My output log on pastebin: pastebin.com/W6GVPZJu

I noticed that the errors for compiling has always been related to missing javax.servlet and javax.persistence regardless of JBoss or Glassfish.

My system setup is an Oracle VM running Windows 2008 server with JDK 7u51 installation. This time it is a fresh OS image with no JEE or Glassfish inside.

How do I solve my missing javax.persistence and javax.servlet during compile ? These missing javax packages have always been a problem.

Thanks.

• Tomas Gustavsson

You need to figure out which jar files on these application servers that implement the missing classes. The build.xml files in EJBCA have code that senses which app server is used and adds the appropriate jar files, from the app server, to the build path.

So esentially you need to develop support for the new app servers in the build files of EJBCA.

Cheers,
    Tomas

• Thotheolh

Thotheolh - 2014-02-12

Which part of the build.xml and which build.xml do I need to edit to include in the missing jar files into the build path ?

I would like to include the persistence and servlet libraries into the build path to try and create a war or ear file for the JBoss installation.

Is it possible for the EJBCA team to create war or ear files for major appservers (Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish ... etc... ) to make deployment much more smooth ?

Thanks.

• Tomas Gustavsson

Resources are scarce. Building support for more appservers is only possible if:
    1. There are volunteers that does it and contribute, or
    2. There are more support customers so that we can pay additional developers.

If you know a little about ant, you can dig in the build xml file and find where app servers are auto sensed.

What we will do is to create a virtual machine image, making it easy for anyone to try out EJBCA.

Cheers,
    Tomas