2014-07-16
  • Roman

Roman - 2014-07-16

I would like to upgrade my instance of EJBCA in the following manner:
    EJBCA 4.0.16 -> EJBCA 6.2.0
    Java 6 -> Java 7
    JBoss 6.0.0.Final -> JBoss 7.1.1.Final
    PostgreSQL -> PostgreSQL

I read the upgrade instructions in doc/UPGRADE in EJBCA home direktory, but I'm not sure if the steps described in upgrading from 4 -> 5 and then from 5 -> 6 could be applied when moving to different Java and JBoss version.

What is the recommended way how to upgrade with the above mentioned situation?
    Would it be better to create new server instance of EJCBA 6.2.0 and then migrate database data without upgrading steps?

I would like to share steps how to upgrade from 4 -> 6 with also upgrading Java and JBoss. I think there is more of us that would like to know how to do it or what is the preffered way.

I will try to share my steps here as I would be upgrading my instance, if it would be successfull.

• Tomas Gustavsson

I have recently done such an upgrade, with Oracle database. It worked pretty much according to the upgrade docs. Of coourse you need to configure your new app server.

• Roman

Roman - 2014-07-16

It seems that it's simpler than I thought.

I created ejbca-custom direktory where I put all configuration files and modified source code, p12. Of course I have to merge configuration files to reflect changes in EJBCA 6.0.2.

Then I installed JBoss 7.1.1.Final and Java 7.

After that I followed the UPGRADE guide and performed:
    1. Run JBoss 7
    2. ant deploy
    3. ant deploy-keystore
    4. ant web-configure
    5. ant upgrade
    6. restart JBoss 7

It seems that everything is configured as before, all entities has its original parameters.

There is just one issue I can't figure out how to solve with externalra data sources.