SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

pipe - starting core and connecting to it...

drFell
2004-09-26
2013-04-16
  • drFell

drFell - 2004-09-26

Is there  a way to connect gui to core by command (pipe) ? Or at least automatically connect to core at startup (but in actual release -c option "is no longer supported")...

second thing I need is to make GUI start core (via pipe).

How can it be done ? (If can..)

• Tim-Philipp Muller

For (1) go to the options page and tick the check box where it says 'auto-connect on start-up' (and no, you can't do that via the pipe I'm afraid. I'm not sure how much sense that would make either).

For (2), there should be an option on the options page like 'auto-start core on startup if necessary' or something like that (can't check exact wording).

Cheers
      -Tim

• drFell

drFell - 2004-09-27

Thanks Tim :)

• drFell

drFell - 2004-09-27

Hmm although "spawn core on startup" isn't working for me, I can do that with a cronjob, before starting the GUI.
      And about shutting down the core - is doing it by a "kill" comand safe ? sending "q" via pipe isn't permitted...

• Tim-Philipp Muller

Hmpf. I might have forgotten to fix the auto-spawn core stuff after the transition to the new connect dialog.

Doing a kill on the core should be fine - it should catch the usual signals and go and save its files etc. to disk before exiting.

Cheers
        -Tim