I can not run or inspect a simple code

Sub Rou
2010-04-08
2013-04-09
  • Sub Rou

Sub Rou - 2010-04-08

Hi,I downloaded eclipse java galileo SR2 win32 version to my windows 7 and now I can not run any function (even simple 2+2) on it. Everything was going well till chapter 2 tutorial, but after myscrapbook creation I am not able to run (it even can not inspect)  the program. Please help me in this regard. Is there any win64 version for eclipse???
    thanks

• Mark Dexter

Mark Dexter - 2010-04-08

Hi. I'm not sure about your question. Are you saying that the scrapbook doesn't work or that nothing works? There have been a number of issues reported with the scrapbook in different versions. You can search this forum for some of the issues to see if they apply. If you are saying that nothing works after using the scrapbook, I don't know what might cause that. You could try closing Eclipse or creating a new workspace.

As far as a 64-bit windows version, you can download the Eclipse Classic version and then add the missing packages. You would have to compare the packages between that and the Java developer to see what is missing. From a quick look, I think you would be ok with the 64-bit Eclipse classic package. Note that to run 64-bit in windows you need to make sure you install and use the 64-bit Java Runtime Environment. Good luck. Mark

• Sub Rou

Sub Rou - 2010-04-08

Dexter,
    Thank you for your reply.I downloaded the package for 64-bit Windows version and now it works. And one more request. Which book or web tutorial do you suggest for a JAVA beginner?? you can send me to my personal mail at howandwhy@gmail.com
    Thanks a ton

• Mark Dexter

Mark Dexter - 2010-04-08

Hi. If you look on page 15 of the Tutorial Companion Document, you will find a list of resources, including recommended books. Good luck. Mark

• Sub Rou

Sub Rou - 2010-04-08

Thanks Mark for your help.