I'm pleased to announce the 0.22 release of EclipseTrader.
This release was focused on completing the infrastructure nedded to the future implementations of the alert and trading systems. The two most important additions are the price pattern search feature, that allows you to search for a number of commonly used patterns in the securities' price history, and the support for trading accounts, that allows you to keep track of your assets and make virtual trading simulations without risking real money.
What's new in this release:
- Added support for accounts, transactions and portfolio.
- Added price pattern search.
- Added support for drag and drop and clipboard almost in every view.
- Refactored menu layouts with common actions and the addition of the edit menu for the common clipboard operations.
- Chart indicators can be copied and pasted to other charts using the clipboard.
- Opening an empty chart display a dialog to request the initial download of the historical data.
- Various bugfixes and internal enhancements.
You can also use the EclipseTrader's Update Manager to update, go to Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install, select 'Search for updates of the currently installed features' and let the update manager do the work. If the update manager can't find any update try to select 'Valid Updates -> compatible' in the Install/Update preferences page.
To checkout the source from the Subversion repository:
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/eclipsetrader/tags/0.22.0 eclipsetrader
What's next ?
The plan for the next release is to add support for currencies and currency conversions, restore the alarm system with more advanced features and implement the basic interfaces and extensions for the trading systems. Any suggestion about new features or enhancements are very welcome, feel free to use the Feature Requests tracker at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=116488&atid=674949 to enter your requests.
EclipseTrader is an Eclipse RCP (Rich Client Platform) application focused to the building of an online stock trading system, featuring shares price watch, intraday and history charts with technical analysis indicators, level II/market depth view, news watching and integrated trading. The standard Eclipse RCP plug-ins architecture allows third-party vendors to extend the functionality of the program to include custom indicators, views or access to subscription-based data feeds and order entry.
Hope you enjoy!