Menu

Problem with multiple windows

2007-11-01
2013-04-29
  • Jörg von Frantzius

Hi,

it seems that most of the problems described in "DatabaseStructure View always empty" have to do with me opening multiple Eclipse windows. I always use to have two windows, with the second being dedicated to my current (;) SQL plugin.

When I do that, the Database Structure View sometimes is opened twice in the wrong window/perspective, for reasons that may have to do with Eclipse itself. But when it happens, it seems that the first Database Structure View is left broken and has to be reopened.

Cheers,
    Jörg

• John Spackman

John Spackman - 2007-11-08

Hi Jorg,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - there are some issues with Eclipse and multiple windows that I'll have to sort out.  Basically, AFAICT while it is possible to mandate to Eclipse that some views (eg Connections View and Database Structure View etc) have only one instance, when you get multiple windows in the same process then this is broken and SQLExplorer only works on the first view at a time.

As a work around until I get a chance to look at this, I suggest opening a new instance of Eclipse instead of choosing "Windows -> New Window".

John