Menu

cannot find JDBC drivers option

Help
cipm
2006-09-23
2013-04-29
  • cipm

cipm - 2006-09-23

I am unable to activate mysql driver. On Preference>SQL Explorer I have only SQL editor without JDBC drivers like appears on http://eclipsesql.sourceforge.net/drivers.html.
    What is worng? Any help?

• Davy Vanherbergen

Can you post a screenshot and your log file?
      The log file is in /workspace/.metadata

• cipm

cipm - 2006-09-23

I didn't finf the form in order to upload on the forum.
        You can find the screen shoot and the log file here:
        http://fotocipm.lx.ro/tmp/

Thx you for your kindness,
        Cipm

• Davy Vanherbergen

You've got version 2.2.4 or older installed.  The JDBC preference page is only available in version 3.0.0.

Davy

• cipm

cipm - 2006-09-23

:( I took from the net this package:
            sqlexplorer_plugin_3.0.0.20060901.zip
            I extracted and copied in
            <disk>PHPDevelopmentStudio1.1.1\dev\eclipse folder. I did wrong?
            Should I search about other older package and delete them?

• cipm

cipm - 2006-09-23

I found anopther package that obviously came with PHPDevelopmentStudio1.1.1. Should I erase that?
              I am newbie with Eclipse. It is another way (except deleting) to remove package unwanted?
              Thx

• Davy Vanherbergen

Deleting is the only option.  To make sure it all works, delete all the SQL Explorer plugins.
      Then restart "eclipse.exe" from the command line, using "eclipse.exe -clear".  This will clean up the plugin cache.  After this, close eclipse and add the new plugin again.  After restart all should be ok.

• cipm

cipm - 2006-09-23

I am sory that I bother you... but I am so stupid:(( Maybe you can  light me

I did exactly how you told me:
      1. close Eclipse
      2. delete all sqlexplorer package
      3. start with -clear option
      4.close Eclipse
      5. copied the package in plugin and feature
      6.start eclipse
      :(( no SQL optons in preference

See the screen shoots on:
      http://fotocipm.lx.ro/tmp/

• Davy Vanherbergen

ok, it looks like you've got eclipse 3.1 installed.  You'll need eclipse 3.2 to get SQL Explorer to work.

Installing eclipse 3.2 however, might break some of the functionality that you are using for PHP.
        I recommend that you download SQL Explorer RCP.  This is the standalone version, so that way you don't have to risk breaking any of the other plugins.  To install, all you have to do is unzip the file.

• cipm

cipm - 2006-09-23

I thank you for your kindness. It seems that a newbie like me must read more.
          If I'll use Eclipse 3.2 I'll loose the php plugin that is supported only for 3.1.x versions...(
          I am beginner in PHP and I like some functions that but I like phpeclipse plugin has... I must decide what plugin is more important for me.
          Thx again!
          Your sincerely,
          Cipm

• Davy Vanherbergen

Hi,

I think you may have misunderstood.
            Download this file: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eclipsesql/sqlexplorer_rcp-3.0.0.20060901.zip?download

Unzip to your c: drive and start sqlexplorer.exe and you are good to go, without ruining your php environment.

D.

• cipm

cipm - 2006-09-23

Hi,
              I understood you very well. And I start using SQL Explorer standalone.

The ideea was to have SQL Explorer in Eclipse like a plugin and PHPEclipse, too, in a free tool because I start to learn Php at my 40 years(a little bit older).

So, in the end I use again Eclipse 3.1.2 where phpeclipse is supported and I modifies directly in \workspace\.metadata\.plugins\net.sourceforge.sqlexplorer \SQLDrivers.xml the path (because you openned my eyes and I understood that there Eclipse keeps a lot of stuff) for my driver.

I like SQL Explorer and I'll use it. Thx again and GOD BLES YOU!

Cipm