Menu

strip comments?

Help
Ben H
2009-10-08
2013-04-29
  • Ben H

Ben H - 2009-10-08

Thanks to the developers of this plugin, seems to me so far to be very handy. Two things I'd like to know are:

1. Can SQL Explorer strip comments from the editor before running the statement?
    2. Can I set my own keyboard shortcut to run either the entire script in the editor, or the selection? CTRL+Enter is the default for these.

I'm using version 3.5.0.RC8 on Win XP.

• Heiko Hilbert

Heiko Hilbert - 2009-10-17

SQLExploerer parses the script to determine singel statements and send each to the SQL server. Comments are not stripped. Normaly this is no problem. Why do you want to have comments stripped?

• Ben H

Ben H - 2009-10-17

I'm currently querying a Microsoft Access database, and it doesn't like comments.

• Heiko Hilbert

Heiko Hilbert - 2009-10-24

Ok, I will add it as a configurable preference with the next release.

• Heiko Hilbert

Heiko Hilbert - 2009-10-28

3.5.1 SR1 is released with the new option to strip comments before executing.  
    Update your installation. 
    Go to the SQL Explorer preference page and chekc the option to strip comments. 
    Run your queries. 
    Starting with 3.5.1 you can change your key mapping for the SQL execution in the Eclipse Key Map Editor (Preferences / General / Keys). Type 'exec' in the filter field and you will see the two 'Excute SQL' commands with there mappings.

• Ben H

Ben H - 2009-11-10

Awesome! This sort of rapid response is a bit like flying first class… I'll try not to get used to it.
    Thanks very much for the update :)
    Ben

• Heiko Hilbert

Heiko Hilbert - 2009-11-15

:-)