Menu

New 3.0 install - No drivers recognized

Help
Mark Lewis
2006-09-15
2013-04-29
  • Mark Lewis

Mark Lewis - 2006-09-15

Hi, I just installed the SQL Explorer 3.0 plugin into my Eclipse 3.2, which had no previous SQL Explorer plugin. The plugin installation seemed to go fine. But I cannot connect to a DB, and the connection info. is correct (verified with folks who can connect). SQL Explorer cannot seem to find the Oracle Thin driver -- or any drivers at all except JDBC ODBC Bridge. All other drivers listed under Preferences -> SQL Explorer -> JDBC Drivers are red X'd. The error I'm getting is the below:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.util.MyURLClassLoader.findClass(MyURLClassLoader.java:119)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
    at net.sourceforge.sqlexplorer.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:101)
    at net.sourceforge.sqlexplorer.LoginProgress$BackgroundConnectionThread.run(LoginProgress.java:44)

How can I get SQL Explorer to find the included drivers??

Thanks for any help.

- Mark

• Mark Lewis

Mark Lewis - 2006-09-15

Um, never mind. I'd received wrong information. The drivers are not "included" in the installation. You have to edit the driver, and point to an external Oracle driver jar file via the Extra Class Path dialog. Sorry for the bother.