Menu

Class not found errors

Help
C. Trudeau
2007-11-30
2013-04-29
  • C. Trudeau

C. Trudeau - 2007-11-30

I recently had some problems with multiple JDKs on my machine and did some clean-up.  After this, I've been getting Class Not Found errors when trying to do anything with the plug-in, whether it be opening a perspective or setting options.  I've removed everything starting with net.sourceforge from both my plugin and feature directories and done a clean install (several times both using a zip and the web based install) but still have the problem.  Everything else in Eclipse is working, and I've managed to install a new plugin since these problems started.

Obviously I'm missing something but I can't figure out what.  Any help would be appreciated.
    ...ct

• C. Trudeau

C. Trudeau - 2007-11-30

Sorry, probably should have put some more info in here.  This problem happens with both the 3.0 and 3.5 versions of the plugin.  I'm running jdk 1.6.0_03 and that is currently the only jdk/jre installed on the system.  Eclipse is:

Version: 3.2.1
      Build id: M20060921-0945

OS is Windows XP SP2.

Thanks,
      ...ct

• John Spackman

John Spackman - 2007-12-03

Have a look in the log file (<workspace-folder>\.metadata\.log) and see what class it cannot find.

• C. Trudeau

C. Trudeau - 2007-12-03

Pretty much every class.  It depends where you try to click.  If you're in the preferences pages then it is the classes around the preferences pages.  If you're in the main perspective then you get a class not found error for each of the panels.  It is as if the entire set isn't in Eclipses CLASSPATH.  As the installation looks to be correct (at least from a files in the plugins directory point of view) I'm not sure how this is possible.

Looking in the log file there does appear to be an exception that may be a root cause:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator net.sourceforge.sqlexplorer.pl
      ugin.SQLExplorerPlugin for bundle net.sourceforge.sqlexplorer is invalid
              at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleAct
      ivator(AbstractBundle.java:141)

Does that help?
      ...ct

• John Spackman

I'm still pretty stumped, but I am finding some stuff on google that might be applicable.  Please .zip up and email me the log file. 

Given that this only started when you cleaned up your JREs etc, have you tried explicitly setting the VM on the eclipse.exe command line?  See http://help.eclipse.org/help21/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/running_eclipse.htm for details if you're unsure.

John

• John Spackman

PS - before .zipping the log file up, please exit eclipse, delete the log file, reproduce the problem

Cheers,
      John