Menu

HELP in sql editor save as function

Help
tss73
2007-11-08
2013-04-29
  • tss73

tss73 - 2007-11-08

sql editor save as function saves the editor in a project. How can I change, that it saves the editor outside the eclipse projects to a optional directory ?

• John Spackman

John Spackman - 2007-11-08

With version are you using?  RC5 (available later today) should prompt you.

John

• tss73

tss73 - 2007-11-13

I installed the RC5 as eclipse plugin, no change, i have the same problem.
      When i click on save as button, I get a "save as" window with eclipse projects on list, I can't save the editor outside the eclipse projects (to file system). Earlier I had the choice to do that. I guess, this is a eclipse setting, but I did'nt find this setting in preferences, or is this a plugin setting ?

• John Spackman

John Spackman - 2007-11-13

If the file is already inside a project, then there is currently no way to save outside the project - this is kind of an Eclipse feature because everything in Eclipse is built around the concept of working within a project comprising many files of different types.

However, when you try and save an untitled file (i.e. right click in the Connections view and choose New Editor and then try to save), you should get a dialog which asks you whether to save inside or outside of a project; there is also a checkbox to say that whatever you choose (i.e. inside vs outside) should be used in the future _without_ prompting you.  If you have previously checked this checkbox, there is not yet a way to uncheck it - the final release will include a preference page to fix this, but unfortunately right now the only way out would be to recreate your workspace from scratch :(

John