Menu

Is Eclipse 3.2 Supported

Help
2006-08-11
2013-04-29
  • Jay Walters

Jay Walters - 2006-08-11

Anybody tryed SQL Explorer with Eclipse 3.2?

• Dale

Dale - 2006-08-11

I have it running in Eclipse 3.2 right now. I haven't had any problems.

• grek

grek - 2006-09-07

i copy files to eclipse 3.2 folder and dont see new perspective what i must do ?

there is any site to i can add and have current version ?

• Davy Vanherbergen

Installation instructions ->
        http://eclipsesql.sourceforge.net/

• grek

grek - 2006-09-07

when i add as local site - zip with plugin i see

Network connection problems encountered during search.
        Unable to access "jar:file:D:/PROGRAMY/PROGRAMOWANIE/sqlexplorer_plugin_3.0.0.20060901.zip!/".
          Unable to access site: "jar:file:D:/PROGRAMY/PROGRAMOWANIE/sqlexplorer_plugin_3.0.0.20060901.zip!/" [no entry name specified]
          Unable to access site: "jar:file:D:/PROGRAMY/PROGRAMOWANIE/sqlexplorer_plugin_3.0.0.20060901.zip!/" [no entry name specified]

• Dmitry Mikhailov

Davy Vanherbergen, Installation instructures from that site - sucks. online update from eclipse 3.2 - doesn't work. Zip file after downloading isn't been able to work. the same error as
      By: grek - grek_pg
      RE: Is Eclipse 3.2 Supported 
      2006-09-07 22:29
      that guy has. So, it is NOT working. I tried to google. no luck. (P.S. sure, online update works for my eclipse installation)

• Davy Vanherbergen

Dmitry,

I'm not sure how you've managed to misread the information on the site, there aren't any complicated words on it.  It doesn't mention anywhere that you should be using a local update site.

You can either download the plugin (zip file) and extract it directly into your plugin folder OR you can use the 'remote' update site.

If both of these are too complicated, you can always download the standalone RCP version, all you have to do then is unzip the file.

D.

PS. Feel free to post a better version of the installation instructions.