Debugging eclipsefp via eclipse

Help
asop
2012-12-02
2012-12-30
  • asop

asop - 2012-12-02

Hi, on the webpage http://eclipsefp.github.com/dev.html you outline how one should go about debugging eclipsefp.

I have got the setup working. However I am not sure where the main entry point is for eclipsefp is when a command is entered into ghci. i.e. in my main eclipse, I have all the net.sf.eclipsfp…. projects loaded. Then I click on Debug and this spawns a new eclipse, in which I have got a haskell program that I want to run. In the spawned eclipse, I do Run->Debug. Then in parent eclipse, where do I put a breakpoint in order to see what happens when I run a command in ghci in the spawned eclipse?

So basically when I enter a command in the ghci of the spawned eclipse, I want a breakpoint in the parent eclipse to be activated.

Thanks
    Thanks

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-12-02

net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.debug.core.internal.launch.HaskellLaunchDelegate in the net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.debug.core project (and its superclass AbstractHaskellLaunchDelegate)The launch Eclipse API is quite complex and the class hierarchy quite daunting…

• asop

asop - 2012-12-04

Hi, following your suggestion above I put a breakpoint in every function in the "HaskellLaunchDelegate" class and when I ran it stopped at "preProcessDefinitionCreation" function. However now the "Run->Step Over" is greyed out, so I am not sure how to step through the code. Do you have any idea how I might step through the code? Thanks

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-12-04

Well, ahem, I use Step Over (F6) or Step Into (F5) in Eclipse, yes, on a constant basis for debugging. Don't know why it's not enabled in your case…

• asop

asop - 2012-12-30

I finally managed to get the breakpoints working. Not sure what was happening the first time round. Thanks

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks