MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME not set

Help
Anonymous
2011-09-04
2012-12-06
  • Anonymous - 2011-09-04

Hi all,

After being informed that my hoogle database is empty and opting to build it, I'm getting the following error:

Unhandled event loop exception
    No more handles

I took a guess: 

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla/

And restarted eclipse.  It crashed during the splash screen with this terminal output:

error at org/eclipse/contribution/jdt/IsWovenTester.aj::0 class 'org.eclipse.contribution.jdt.IsWovenTester' is already woven and has not been built in reweavable mode
    error at org/eclipse/contribution/jdt/IsWovenTester.aj::0 class 'org.eclipse.contribution.jdt.IsWovenTester$WeavingMarker' is already woven and has not been built in reweavable mode
    warning at org/eclipse/contribution/jdt/sourceprovider/SourceTransformerAspect.aj:106::0 does not match because declaring type is org.eclipse.jdt.core.IOpenable, if match desired use target(org.eclipse.jdt.core.ICompilationUnit)
    see also: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/core/SourceRefElement.java:198::0
    warning at org/eclipse/contribution/jdt/sourceprovider/SourceTransformerAspect.aj:106::0 does not match because declaring type is org.eclipse.jdt.core.ITypeRoot, if match desired use target(org.eclipse.jdt.core.ICompilationUnit)
    see also: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/ui/javaeditor/ASTProvider.java:572::0

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Anonymous - 2011-09-04

Well it seems the jdt errors might be unrelated to the crash.  I've since seen the errors without the crash.

I decided to delete my workspace directory and try again, which turned out to be a bad idea.  Now when I try to open the haskell perspective, I get the following error:

Could not install scion server:
    {0}
    java.IOException: Cannot run program <cabal> (in directory "<my workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.scion.client/scion-0.1.0.10"): error=2, No such file or directory

For some reason, even after uninstalling and reinstalling eclipsefp, the …scion.client directory is not being created.  I guess I'll try completely blowing away eclipse next…

-matt

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2011-09-04

The MOZILLA-FIVE_HOME and the AspectJ related crash are not related to EclipseFP. The second issue you have is weird. The folder in the plugins folder should be created automatically and populated with the sources to build the scion server.  Eclipse manages the creation of workspace/.metadata/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.scion.client, and the EclipseFP code the rest. What folders are recreated when you start Eclipse? Any other messages in the Eclipse Error Log?

• Anonymous - 2011-09-05

No folders in the .metadata directory were being recreated.  I'm guessing there was some residual state (even after uninstalling the plugin) in ~/.eclipse that said they were created.  `grep -r eclipsefp ~/.eclipse` had a lot of results, which seemed to support my suspicion.  Deleting ~/.eclipse and starting over with MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME defined worked.

• Nathan Hüsken

Nathan Hüsken - 2012-11-24

I have the same problem in ubuntu 64 bit with eclipse Juno.

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-11-25

lonelystar, can you be more specific? What problem do you have? The current version of EclipseFP does not have the scion.client plugin anymore, so you can't have exactly the same message, and the AspectJ and MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME are not in any way explicitly linked to  EclipseFP (i.e. we don't do anything with them).

• Nathan Hüsken

Nathan Hüsken - 2012-11-26

I have no Idea what I did, but at present I can not reproduce the error.

When I open a haskell file, where an error is shown and hovered over the error, I got a message with something about "MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME" and afterwards I was asked to exit the workbench. When I set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME, eclipse crashed at some point, I do not remember the error message.

If the error re-occures, I will post the exact error messages!

• Nathan Messer

Nathan Messer - 2012-12-02

I can reliably get the error when looking at a file with a compilation error in it, if I hover the mouse pointer over the compilation error.

I'm on version 2.3.2 of Eclipse FP, and 4.2.1 of Eclipse, running on a 64 bit version of Ubuntu 12.04.

Below is a stack trace. I'll put the source of the file in a reply on it's own.

It seems to be from the net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.ui.internal.editors.haskell.HaskellInformationControl class, in the createContent method, interacting with the SWT browser control.

HTH,

Regards,
    Nathan Messer

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2012-12-02 20:16:50.757
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4387)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.initMozilla(Mozilla.java:1939)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Mozilla.java:699)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:99)
    at net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.ui.internal.editors.haskell.HaskellInformationControl.createContent(HaskellInformationControl.java:53)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControl.create(AbstractInformationControl.java:447)
    at net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.ui.internal.editors.haskell.HaskellInformationControl.<init>(HaskellInformationControl.java:39)
    at net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.ui.internal.editors.haskell.text.AnnotationHover$1.createInformationControl(AnnotationHover.java:88)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.getInformationControl(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:819)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.internalShowInformationControl(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1168)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.presentInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1150)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractHoverInformationControlManager.presentInformation(AbstractHoverInformationControlManager.java:902)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.setInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:418)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationBarHoverManager.computeInformation(AnnotationBarHoverManager.java:379)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.doShowInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1131)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractHoverInformationControlManager$MouseTracker.mouseHover(AbstractHoverInformationControlManager.java:519)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:208)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1276)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3554)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3179)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1029)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:923)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

• Nathan Messer

module Main where

getNeighbours :: (Num a) => (a,a) -> 

getNeighbours (x,y) =
        let decx = x - 1
            incx = x + 1
            decy = y - 1
            incy = y + 1
        in
      [(decx,incy),(x,incy),(incx, incy),
       (decx,   y),         (incx,    y),
       (decx,decy),(x,decy),(incx, decy)]

-main::IO()
    -main = undefined

• Nathan Messer

And if I explicitly set the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable and launch eclipse, and hover the mouse over the error marker, I get the following error:

Unhandled event loop exception
    No more handles  (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
    /etc/eclipse4.2.1/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/328/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-4234.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    no swt-mozilla-gtk in java.library.path
    Can't load library: /home/nathan/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-mozilla-gtk-4234.so
    Can't load library: /home/nathan/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-mozilla-gtk.so
    /home/nathan/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-mozilla-gtk-4234.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    )

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks