Help
Anonymous
2012-01-17
2012-12-06
  • Anonymous - 2012-01-17

Mac OSX 10.7.2
    Eclipse 3.7.1
    EclipseFP 2.2.1

I just uninstalled Haskell Platform 7.0.3 using uninstall-hs and then installed Haskell Platform 7.0.4.  Upon installing EclipseFP and restarting Eclipse, I get this error:

Could not start the process
    Cannot run program "/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.0.3/bin/cabal.wrap" (in directory "/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.0.3/bin"): error=2, No such file or directory

Indeed, 7.0.3 is no longer around.  What is it pulling from that still thinks 7.0.3 should be there?

• Anonymous - 2012-01-17

I created a symlink at /Library/Haskell/ghc-7.0.3/ which points to /Library/Haskell/ghc-7.0.4/ and now EclipseFP seems to be compiling what it needs.  However, this is very hacky.  Why did it not simply follow the ghc symlink in my PATH in the first place?

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-01-17

I think it keeps on using the GHC path it's been configured with, that it probably found automatically the first time in your PATH, but doesn't recalculate each time. You can just open the preference page and choose autodetect on the GHC and the helper executables pages, and the paths will change.

• Anonymous - 2012-01-18

Oh, yes, I think this was the problem.  Thank you.  Odd, though, because I completely uninstalled Eclipse between reinstalling EclipseFP.  I thought I got all the preference files, too. 

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-01-18

Preferences are stored in the user's workspace, methinks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks