Menu

(OSX?) Exporting plugin from source build

Help
2012-02-02
2012-12-06
  • Michael Jones

Michael Jones - 2012-02-02

I am working from EclipseFP source, building and running it as a plugin (which spawns a child copy of Eclipse with the plugin in place).

I'm currently using Eclipse 3.7.1 (codename Indigo) on OSX 10.7.2, and I've got the latest source as of this posting.

I'd like to be able to export the plugin so that I can test to make sure everything works in a version of the 'final release', since I'm trying to help squash bugs.  And I like to keep bleeding edge. :)

So this is a "I'm not used to eclipse" question, especially when it comes to plugin deployment. 

I tried exporting the root plugin for net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell alone, via the Export Wizard, choosing Install Into Host, and I got the following error:

Could not find the exported unit with id: net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser version: 2.2.2

Okay, so I decided to build all of them at once, and that failed with more dependency problems.  I've picked one or two of the others, like the browser just mentioned, and tried to build that alone, and got:

Could not find the exported unit with id: net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser version: 2.2.2

I'm obviously not interpreting that correctly, because it seems to suggest it depends on itself.

Got some hints? The Eclipse plugin documentation is vast, and the plugin deployment section is being unhelpfully nonspecific on this problem. 

This was originally posted as a side message in this thread:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipsefp/forums/forum/371922/topic/4777573/index/page/3

• Michael Jones

Ignore this thread.  Title doesn't indicate eclipseFP.  I'm going to repost it, and delete this one if I can.

• Michael Jones

… which I can no longer do because I'm a moron and replied to myself.    If you're an admin, feel free to delete this whole thread.  The replacement thread is here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipsefp/forums/forum/371922/topic/4993608