scion-browser hoogle errors?

Help
Anonymous
2012-08-29
2012-12-06
  • Anonymous - 2012-08-29

Hello! I'm trying eclipsefp for the first time (ghc 7.4.1 / platform 2012.2) and I'm getting the following errors in the scion-browser console window:

>> {"db":"_all","module":"","command":"get-modules"}
    >> {"db":"_all","module":"Prelude","command":"get-declarations"}
    >> {"command":"hoogle-check"}
    "Error"
    >> {"command":"hoogle-data"}
    "Error"

hoogle.exe is installed (via cabal install hoogle). I'm not sure what this error entails.

Best regards,
    - Matias

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-08-31

is the hoogle path correct in preferences?

• Anonymous - 2012-09-12

(Sorry for the delay in responding). Yes, it's there. It's below "Documents and Settings", though, could the spaces in the path be an issue? They don't seem to be for the other executables, though.

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-09-12

In the eclipse preferences under Haskell -> Helper Executables, turn on debug mode for scion-browser. Do you see any thing else in the console window after restarting? If you try to search in the Hoogle view, do you see any clearer error message?

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-09-12

Actually, the code for scion-browser under github should dump more helpful error messages when debug mode is on. If you can build scion-browser from the github source and try… Otherwise I'll just release that code as a new scion-browser version

• Anonymous - 2012-09-29

With debug mode on, the output is:

>> {"filepath":"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Matias\\workspace\\.metadata\\.plugins\\net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser\\scion-browser-0.2-dbs\\local.db","command":"load-local-db","rebuild":true}
    "ok"
    >> {"db":"_all","module":"","command":"get-modules"}
    >> {"filepath":"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Matias\\workspace\\.metadata\\.plugins\\net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser\\scion-browser-0.2-dbs\\hackage.db","command":"load-hackage-db","rebuild":false}
    "ok"
    >> {"db":"_all","module":"Prelude","command":"get-declarations"}
    >> {"path":"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Matias\\Application Data\\cabal\\bin\\hoogle.exe","command":"extra-hoogle-path"}
    "ok"
    "Error"
    >> {"command":"hoogle-data"}
    "Error"
    "Error"

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2012-09-30

Have you tried building scion-browser from source from github to see if you get more detailed messages? I have tested with a path that has spaces and it works fine, so I don't know what could be wrong there.