HLint warnings include .dist-buildwrapper files.

Help
2013-10-19
2013-11-10
  • Aleksey Nogin

Aleksey Nogin - 2013-10-19

I am having a problem that the Problems pane includes HLint warnings not only for the "proper" source files, but also for (some of?) their .dist-buildwrapper copies. Is this a bug, or could I be doing something wrong to cause it?

Haskell Platform 2012.4.0.0 (GHC 7.4.2)
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Eclipse Version: Kepler Service Release 1; Build id: 20130919-0819
    cabal-install version 0.14.0; using version 1.14.0 of the Cabal library
    buildwrapper executable, version 0.7.5
    HLint v1.8.53

Last edit: Aleksey Nogin 2013-10-19
  • JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2013-10-20

No, this is not a know bug, and I've never encountered it. Is it a project you can share? Even if your project use the root folder as the source directory (hs-source-dirs=.) you do not get HLint warnings on .dist-buildwrapper copies. Any errors in the Eclipse Log?

• Aleksey Nogin

Aleksey Nogin - 2013-10-25

Sharing a project is problematic, sorry. The project does indeed use the root folder as a source directory and includes three executable built from mostly the same set of source files. I just upgraded EclipseFP to 2.5.5 and the problem is still there :-(

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2013-11-10

I've founs a case where this could happen. In eclipse, can you check if the .dist-buildwrapper project is marked as derived? If it's hidden, you can see it in Project Explorer by choosing "Customize view" and unchecking ".* resources". It should be marked "derived".

Anyway, you can always delete these problems, and see if they come back.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks