Multiple Errors

Help
gidyn
2011-09-04
2012-12-06
  • gidyn

gidyn - 2011-09-04

I've just upgraded to the new version, and opening the binding-* packages gives me:

<command line>: cannot satisfy -package-id binding-core-0.2-inplace
        (use -v for more information) binding-core Unknown Problem
    Could not find file in module graph. Binding.hs /binding-gtk/src/Graphics/UI/Gtk line 1 Problem
    Could not find file in module graph. lists.hs /binding-gtk/demo line 1 Problem
    Could not find file in module graph. lists.hs /binding-wx/demo line 1 Problem
    Could not find file in module graph. simple.hs /binding-gtk/demo line 1 Problem
    Could not find file in module graph. simple.hs /binding-wx/demo line 1 Problem
    Could not find module `Data.Binding.List':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for. Binding.hs /binding-wx/src/Graphics/UI/WX line 8 Problem
    GHC:<command line>: cannot satisfy -package-id binding-core-0.2-inplace
        (use -v for more information) binding-core Unknown Scion Server Problem
    GHC:<command line>: cannot satisfy -package-id binding-core-0.2-inplace
        (use -v for more information) binding-core Unknown Scion Server Problem

ghc-pkg check gives a clean bill of health, and all the packages can be installed by cabal without problems. I've rebuild the scion server, deleted .dist-sion, cleaned the projects from Ecipse's menu, but the errors persist.

Also, each time I start EclipseFP, it tells me that Hoogle's database is empty and offers to download something, but never seems to do so (no errors).

I cleared the log before restarting, and it remains empty.

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2011-09-04

What you're trying to do is not supported by Eclipse or by the underlying scion library. I take it, from your error message, that you have a project made of several component (a library and at least one executable or one test-suite) and the other components reference the library in its entirety in build-depends (instead of including the modules directly). This requires a version of the library to be built and generated "in place" (hence the name). I know, it's a pain I have in some of my own projects, and I'm working on a replacement for scion that addresses this issue.
    For Hoogle, there is a special console that shows you the output of scion-browser, that it gives any error? Do you have hoogle installed properly?

• Anonymous - 2011-09-05

I have the same problems with Hoogle. Regardless of whether or not installed hoogle, EclipseFP tells me that Hoogle's database is empty.

Scion-browser console log:

>> {"filepath":"/home/artisan/craft/op/.metadata/.plugins/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser/scion-browser-0.1-dbs/local.db","command":"load-local-db","rebuild":true}
    Database loaded
    Adding ["ghc"]
    Download http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/ghc/7.0.4/doc/html/ghc.txt
    Sending:
    GET /packages/archive/ghc/7.0.4/doc/html/ghc.txt HTTP/1.1
    Host: hackage.haskell.org
    Content-Length: 0
    User-Agent: hs-HTTP-4000.0.9
    Creating new connection to hackage.haskell.org
    Received:
    HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 
    Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 10:23:05 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Content-Length: 355
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    Download http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.0.4/html/libraries/ghc-7.0.4/ghc.txt
    Sending:
    GET /ghc/docs/7.0.4/html/libraries/ghc-7.0.4/ghc.txt HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.haskell.org
    Content-Length: 0
    User-Agent: hs-HTTP-4000.0.9
    Creating new connection to www.haskell.org
    Received:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK 
    Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 10:23:05 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny13 with Suhosin-Patch
    Last-Modified: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:08:51 GMT
    ETag: "21ce53d-e08d7-4a5b4f50feac0"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Content-Length: 919767
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Saving on /home/artisan/craft/op/.metadata/.plugins/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser/scion-browser-0.1-dbs/local.db
    "ok"
    >> {"new-db":"_all","command":"set-current-db"}
    "ok"
    >> {"module":"","command":"get-modules"}
    "ok"
    >> {"query":"fmap","command":"hoogle-query"}
    >> {"command":"hoogle-data"}
    "ok"
    "ok"
    >> {"query":"fmap","command":"hoogle-query"}

• JP Moresmau

JP Moresmau - 2011-09-05

Does running "hoogle data" on the command line works? It may be there is a problem with hoogle and scion-browser does not report the error properly.

• Anonymous - 2011-09-05

Yes. Hoogle installed and working:

$ hoogle fmap
    Prelude fmap :: Functor f => (a -> b) -> f a -> f b
    Data.Functor fmap :: Functor f => (a -> b) -> f a -> f b
    Control.Monad fmap :: Functor f => (a -> b) -> f a -> f b
    Control.Monad.Instances fmap :: Functor f => (a -> b) -> f a -> f b
    Data.Traversable fmapDefault :: Traversable t => (a -> b) -> t a -> t b
    Network.Stream fmapE :: (a -> Result b) -> IO (Result a) -> IO (Result b)

• Alejandro Serrano

Can you try deleting the file <route to Eclipse>/.metadata/.plugins/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser/scion-0.1-dbs/local.db with EclipseFP closed, and then reopen it, being sure that there is a live internet connection?

• gidyn

gidyn - 2011-09-06

Thanks, hoogle data and deleting <route to Eclipse>/.metadata/.plugins/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser/scion-0.1-dbs/local.db worked for me (although I had to install wget,gzip and tar).

• Anonymous - 2011-09-07

No luck. I delete <route to workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser/scion-0.1-dbs/local.db, run hoogle data. Start eclipse… "Hoogle database is empty…".

A little correction. You write <route to eclipse>. But ".metadata" folder lies inside "workspace" folder, not "eclipse".

• Anonymous - 2011-09-07

Ook. Just three hours of digging. Problem in binaries location. Usually, I change "bindir" variable to "$HOME/bin" instead "$HOME/.cabal/bin". When I returned to the default - all works.

I think it is a bug.

• Anonymous - 2011-10-02

So after 3 hours of digging you came up with "bindir" as a solution … what bindir would this be? PATH? something in Eclipse? After installing Haskell Platform and EclipseFP in minutes under Ubuntu, I can't believe all the trouble and hours wasted doing the same on OSX Snow Leopard.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks