EclipseDarcs still being developed/supported?

2010-11-17
2013-04-03
  • David Rosenstrauch

Is the project still being developed and/or supported?

I was able to install EclipseDarcs v0.4.1 into Eclipse Helios (3.6.1), but it looks like some of the functionality is not working correctly.  (e.g., Label Decorations)  Is that to be expected, due to the product no longer being developed?

And if so, does anyone know of any alternative Darcs client for Eclipse?

• Anonymous - 2011-06-24

Hi,
    Please answer this question/thread, dear developers of this application/plug-in for eclipse ide.

I don't think that there is any development because of the date of the last commit and of the last release. Another thing: It's not correctly working with Helios (The most important feature doesn't work   - the "darcs. Ressource History"-View).

I think it's very important to develop/support this plug-in because I mean darcs. is a very intelligent and good version control system but a vcs that isn't integrated in the ide (or there are important features which are not usable ) is not very well to handle - that would be a reason for my development teams and for - I think - many other teams to use or don't use darcs.

If there would be a group that want to update/develop this plug-in I would be ready to help to develop this application.

Beautiful flowers.
    Love, Peter.

• Anonymous - 2011-06-24

&edit: "The EclipseDarcs project needs a new maintainer. If you are interested to take over maintainership, please contact Leif Frenzel." (Project page)
    Okay now everything is clear. I hope there will be a new leader in this year to develop this application to a very nice gui for darcs. running under helios.

Beautiful flowers.
    Love&peace, Peter.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks