Menu

Beyond Compare doesn't work with ClearCase plugin

Help
Jon Webb
2014-02-10
2014-04-06
  • Jon Webb

Jon Webb - 2014-02-10

I'm very appreciative of the work you've done to get the ClearCase plugin working with Eclipse. However, I have been unable to use it when also using Beyond Compare to do my compares and merges. When I try to checkin a file, the Beyond Compare window opens up, showing the changes, but won't actually do the merge. Closing the window leaves the file checked out. The only way I can get checkins to work is by setting my map file to use the default ClearCase tools for compare and merge -- but this means I can't use Beyond Compare with ClearCase anymore.
    I'm using Beyond Compare version 3.3.8 (build 16340), ClearCase version 7.1.1.0.
    I don't see a way here to attach my map file (from lib\mgrs) but basically the file I use replaces all the compare, xcompare, merge, and xmerge lines as follows:
    text_file_delta compare C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe
    text_file_delta xcompare C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe
    text_file_delta merge C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe
    text_file_delta xmerge C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe

• Mikael Petterson

Sorry for late reply. Did you file a bug report on this? Also provide the log from eclipse ( can be found in the workspace).

br.

//mike

• Lars Ronnow

Lars Ronnow - 2014-03-05

Same problem, same story. Log Attached.

/Lars

• Mikael Petterson

Hi,

Been busy. Just to clarify. Under Preferences --> Team --> ClearCase --> Diff & Merge.
    There is one place to put the command for compare and one for merge. Is it not possible to the line to the binary there:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe

So use the above in both places and it should work.

br,

//mike