I was just thinking about if there exists some file centric layout for
ECB? I tried looking around the documentation and didnt find this.
Here is what im thinking about:
- The layout would look something like "midnight commander" but would
be emacs specific and support dired.
There would be a left and right pane, and there would be a dired in
- there would be an ecb command to quickly change layout from
code-specific to file-specific, using the normal ecb commands for
- change between dired and tree view in a pane
- switch left and right panes
- move files from left pane to right pane
There are several midnight/norton commander clones for emacs, but they
either dont work, or they do not use dired. Also, they try to emulate
too closely the "commander" idea, withouth bringing the power of the
emacs paradigm to the table.
Dired is very nice, because there is wdired for editing names, and
many other nice things.
What do you think? Does anyone have something like this laying about?