From: Felipe Bergo <bergo@se...> - 2001-04-29 08:16:21
I have just released 0.1.4. The main enhancements are:
- premove (and predrop on crazyhouse/bughouse)
- moving by drag and drop
- some key shortcuts (F5,F6,F8 - the new Help menu explains each of
- ad list window (interface to the "sough" command on FICS)
- man page (section 6)
- fixes regarding detecting GTK on FreeBSD and finding the themes
when configure'd with a non-standard prefix.
The full ChangeLog is at
I also reworked the web site.
I expect to have 0.1.5 no later than May 2 (wednesday), the goals are:
- extend legality checking (right now it's only implemented barely for
premove) and make it optional (for weird variants)
- make it work with GNU chess and any generic engine that talks
the xboard protocol (most do).
- make it examine games on FICS (the last milestone before I can really
say "eboard does FICS")
- document theme construction and installation. possibly write
scripts (eboard-theme-add ?) to ease theme management.
- starting thinking (maybe implement something) to announce the
opponent has moved. I'd like to have as many options as possible here
thru every possible device: digital audio (/dev/dspnn), FM synth
(/dev/sequencer, /dev/music), PC speaker beep, graphical
signs. The reason for all those is that the user should be able to
listen to music and still be able to be notified about
the move. restricting it to digital audio would make the interface
silent when an MP3 player were running concurrently, for example.
And no, I don't plan bloating the tarball with sound files. I'll try
to keep them minimal, possibly synthesizing tones on the fly
(something I already have code lying around for)
Felipe Paulo Guazzi Bergo - Free Software Developer (bergo@...)
Personal Info and GPG Public Key: http://www.advogato.org/person/khazad
Campinas - SP - Brazil - Earth
* Keyboard error. Carve <F1> on the wall with a BNC T-connector to resume.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.