Winchell Chung - 2008-10-25

I've been using EasyEclipse 1.3.1 (for Python) with Subclipse 1.2.4 for about a year now, on the Windows platform, with no problems.

Alas, recently for reasons beyond my control, my TortoiseSVN client was updated to version 1.5.4, which updated Subversion to version 1.5.3. This seems to have broken Subclipse.

Now, when I run EasyEclipse, and make a change to a source code file, I receive the following error message:

Errors occurred while updating the change sets for SVNStatusSubscriber
  org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Unsupported working copy format
svn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'C:\Development\Python\WORKSPACE\Astrolabe\src'; please get a newer Subversion client

If I use TortoiseSVN from the windows file manger, everything works fine. But in EasyEclipse, I get the error dialog every time I try to save a change, PyLint refuses to run, and the Package Explorer will not show the functions defined in each source code file.

I found a blog entry
http://nocheblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/errors-occurred-while-updating-change.html
that said if you are using Eclipse (not EasyEclipse), you can fix the problem by upgrading your installed version of Subclipse. But I am unsure if you can do this with EasyEclipse.

What should I do?