Menu

Can't enter SVN Repository URL

oldrock
2008-05-02
2013-04-30
  • oldrock

oldrock - 2008-05-02

Is it possible to link EasyEclipse to an SVN repository on a local Windows drive?

I've just installed EasyEclipse on Vista SP1. I've entered a project with two php files and one xml file and everything appeared to be working okay until I tried to link to the SVN repository on my M drive (m:\SVN_Repository).  On Team->Share Project->SVN, the Enter Repository Location Information asks for a URL, and won't accept anything (including valid URLs).  As soon as I enter any character it says:
      "The repository path must be a valid URL Invalid svn url :M:\SVN_Repository".

Also, I've tried to set the SVN Configuration Location in Preferences to m:\SVN_Repository\conf (which is where the SVN configuration file is located) but it says "Selected directory is not a svn config dir".

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

• Francois Granade

I think it is possible; but you have to use a URL, not a windows path. The URL for a local path starts with file:// .

Look for example at this page: http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/subclipse_windows.htm , section "Use of Subversion in Eclipse". The URL you want to use probably looks like "file:///SVN_Repository" (however, I don't know how to make it point to a drive that's not the C: drive).

• oldrock

oldrock - 2008-05-02

Thanks for the quick response.  That got me to the next step. I couldn't find a way to specify the m: drive so I moved the repository to the c: drive.