360team.ca - 2009-03-09

Hi, Everyone!

First of all, thank you for making EasyEclipse such an easy package to install!  I had not been exposed to the Eclipse IDE before but it looks like a very nice package.  However, as a newbie, my question is this...

I have a Windows Vista machine on which I have setup VirtualBox with a development environment with Ubuntu, Apache, MySQL, PHP and OpenSSH serving on localhost.  I installed EasyEclipse for PHP on the Vista machine and I have been trying to connect to my VirtualBox development environment to no avail.

I have been doing that by going through "File > New > Other > Server" and then trying to enter the localhost for EasyEclipse to connect to.  I tried it with, localhost, localhost:2222, 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.1:2222 (that is where the VirtualBox SSH is listening in my configuration) but Easy Eclipse does not seem to realize that there is a server working on localhost at all.  The dev environment is running because phpMyAdmin is working and I can connect to it with Putty and FTP on port 2222, etc.

Am I missing something?  How do I connect to my dev environment?  I would imagine there is a way where one can connect to the localhost dev server and create a project directly on the server, right?  Or do I have to use the XAMPP included with EasyEclipse?

Thanks for any tips on this!

Regards,
Ivaylo